Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sugar and Spice, and Everything Nice

This cake is for a baby shower for a girl. The colors are pink and chocolate brown, one of my favorites. Actually, you pair anything with brown, and I like it. My sweetie wanted something that looked like one of the cakes on my site with the pink and brown shoes, and polk-a-dots. Well, after searching the stores, I couldn't find these shoes, but my Mom found these darling pink shoes with little flowers on them. So that gave me the idea of incorporating flowers into the cake. Originally, I was going to do some polk-a-dots out of fondant and butter cream for the sides of the cake. Then I got the idea to do a border of flowers around the bottom to match the shoes. I really do love the way this cake turned out. I'm learning so much with every order and it stresses me out each time but it's a good stress, all though my Mom would like to disagree. We pictured this cake as a bridal shower and a baby shower cake because I think it could go either way. I hope you like it!







 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger