Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bridal / Baby Shower

I'm thinking that there really is no limit to our imaginations. I got an email a couple of weeks ago about cookies for a shower. My sweetie was throwing a combo shower. A bridal and baby shower. No the bride was not pregnant. There were two guests of honor. So they asked me if I could do a combo cookie. Originally I thought well maybe a flower, umbrella, cupcake cookie, something like that. But they wanted me to come up with bridal and baby on the same cookie. So, I came up with the idea of doing a three tier cake cookie cutter with the top two tiers decorated like a wedding cake, and the bottom tier as baby blocks. I sketched something out and emailed it to them and they said, yes, do that. They then requested a rattle on one side with a bottle on the other, with the babies initials in the middle block. Talk about detail, just writing all of this makes me tired!! They also requested pastel Hawaiian sunset colors, they asked for red, orange, yellow, and blue. I asked for something to color match and they said to just wing it, so here they are, my bridal/baby shower cookies. I was very pleased with the way they turned out but I don't even know how to categorize these on my website. Any ideas?



 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger