Friday, April 3, 2009

It's a Jungle Out There

This cake was for a little boy's 5th birthday. He requested an animal cake and upon further investigation, he decided on a jungle theme because he loves zebras. As do I. So his Grandma wanted him to have his own special cookie and I decided well it should be the zebra and he takes center stage at the top of the cake. You'll also see a big ferocious snake that wraps all the way around the cake, and if you're lucky, you might see a lion peeking out from behind the cake. I had just done an animal baby shower cake and I didn't want them to look anything alike and I think I succeeded. I also forgot to mention that the little, or should I say BIG boy's favorite color is blue and I said I'd incorporate as much blue as possible. I think there is enough. My sweetie comes to pick it up today and I hope she likes it, I can't wait to see what she thinks!! Oh yeah, and as always, it's a four layer cake, simple with white cake and yummy strawberry filling.








I know I've posted a lot of pictures of my recent orders and I promise that this weekend I'll post about the other stuff that's going on during Rush Hour. You will see pictures of my darling baby girls very soon. I hope you've enjoyed the sweets though!!
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger