Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Fun

We had a long weekend this past weekend, and it was a lot of fun. Saturday I took the girls shopping with me, I'll post about my finds later, and Sunday Tim decided that we should go down to the beach and rent some bikes. Now, I've decided that we need bikes, I think we're going to save up because we could ride them all around Corona and have just as much fun. So when we got there, we went with the Surrey because that's all they offered at the rental place we ended up at. I map quested one place and they had the little buggie things that tow behind a bike that the kiddos could sit in, but when we got there, it was off the beach and we'd have to take some busy main streets to get down to the beach so I decided, NO. Not doin it with two kids. Now when you see the pictures of us at the beach, beware, none of us look beach ready. When I checked the weather online, it said it was about 60 degrees out. So we were thinking jeans, long sleeve shirts, shoes even. We get there, people are running around in bikinis, flip flops, the whole bit, the weather was a little chilly with a breeze, but overall a gorgeous day. Of course, I cleaned my car out that Friday and had no back up outfits for the girls or anything. I found a dress in my diaper bag for Madi so she was the only one that got something decent, and she even looks a little out of place. Riley looked cute when we left in a sweatshirt and jeans, with pigtails and a hat, but she took out her hair, so she has this huge crease and she looks like a mess. Madi's hair fell out too so her hair is all over the place. So anyway, not like any of that matters, but I promise that I do know how to dress for the beach, I'm not a complete idiot. Hahah!! It was a fun day anyway, and Riley had a blast. Madi really liked the Surrey ride and screamed with delight. Tim probably didn't like the Surrey ride because I was a bit of a back seat driver in the beginning. I can't help myself. Sorry babe. Riley didn't want to leave and could have stayed there all day. What a great idea Tim!!

These next three pics are of Riley. When I put her down for a nap or for bed, she likes all of her stuffed animals all around her. She's a freak I know, but I finally got some pictures of it this weekend. Where's Riley?


Does anyone else have a fear of this? Ever since I didn't take this overpass to get back to work because I had a feeling we'd have an earthquake and that was the last place I'd like to be, and we actually had an earthquake, I've been deathly afraid of this overpass when it's stopped up. So I made Tim get off and back on at Hidden Valley. I know, I'm weird okay.


We saw these tourists on the corner, and I said to Tim, why do people insist on wearing their camera's around their necks and wear these Hawaiian shirts, do they want people to know they are tourists? And Tim said something like he's probably from Nebraska and is excited yada yada yada. Well, it was funny because he turned around and he had a Nebraska hat on. So we had a good laugh about that.


Riles was a little unsure of the water at first.

But then got into it.



Pretty little surrey with the fringe on the top.


Ching ching...

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger