Thursday, April 23, 2009

Six Months

Well, another month has come and gone and Madi is six months old. I think this time around is going so much faster than the first. She is half way to a year, it's crazy! Yesterday we went to the doctor for her six month well visit. She got three shots and one oral. Poor thing, she SCREAMED bloody murder but by the time we left, she was all smiles again. She weighed in at 16 pounds 3 ounces and she is 27.5 inches tall. 50 percentile weight, 95 percentile length, and once again 25 percentile wee little noggin. She's so much fun right now. She can sit for longer periods of time by herself but I still have to set her up to sit. I can't just sit her on the floor and she's sitting and I don't have to worry about her losing her balance. Couple more weeks though and she should be there. She can get up into a crawling position if I can get her mad enough. She sleeps on her belly and she still gives me a hard time about sleeping. Her new thing is that she just fights sleep, it's so much fun. When she's on her belly and she's really mad that I won't just get her up, she gets up on all fours, but that's the only time I've seen it. She can scoot pretty good, but mostly around in a circle. She's starting to do more baby talk, you know ga ga, ba ba. When I ask her to say Mama, she does the movement with her mouth but nothing comes out, it's pretty cute!! Of course when I ask her to say Mama, I hear Riley wherever she may be saying, "Mama." She officially will take the pacifier to sleep but that's it. She's pretty much eating three meals a day, but sometimes that second meal is hard to give her, she does not always want it, but she does love her food. We tried a sippy today for the first time and she did good. She's wearing size 3 diapers and is wearing 12 months and up. I'm almost positive a tooth is going to pop up any day, but I could be wrong, we shall see. I'm trying to think of anything else I might eventually put in her baby book, because I'm still a bad Mom that has not even tried to find it. So sad. I'll make some stuff up ;) She is a total mimic right now and does not miss anything. She's a social girl and is the happiest when there is someone in her face giving her attention. She sleeps through the night anywhere from eight to ten hours, now if I could just learn to go to bed at a decent hour, I might catch up on my sleep. It's never been sleep when the baby sleeps for me. I just can't get myself to do it. There is not enough time in the day for that. So here are a few pics of my half of a year old baby.


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger