Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, filled with family and friends!   We had a great one and we celebrated over at my Mom's like we always do.  Everything was perfect as usual.

Thanksgiving is always relaxing for us because it's not that many people, and when there is not that many people, that means, more leftovers!!!

First off, I want to say what I'm thankful for, my hubby and the girls, they mean the world to me, my family, my health, and the health of my family, my home.  I'm thankful that Tim and I both have jobs that provide well for our family.  I'm thankful that my Mom's cutco knife didn't slice my finger all the way off.  I'm thankful for the people that keep coming back to purchase my sweets.  I'm thankful for my Grandma's gravy.  I'm thankful for Polly's who provided our pies when at the last minute we decided we were too tired to bake.  I'm thankful for all of the things that God has blessed me and my family with.  We are truly blessed and I'm so thankful.

My Mom set a gorgeous table, as always...







We had amazing yummy food. The usual. Turkey, gravy, butter, stuffing, sausage stuffing, butter, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, butter, corn, broccoli and cheese, green beans, cranberry sauce, rolls, did I mention butter?  And I'm sure I'm forgetting something, maybe butter.


The girls were pretty good and enjoyed spending the day with these two.


Here is Sean and Gi Gi making the gravy and cheese sauce.  Mmmm, I'm reliving it.


We actually got a pretty good family pic.  These are so hard to get.


My Mom always uses the place cards that my Papa made for her years ago.  We make sure he eats dinner with us every year.


After dinner, Riley watched Lady and the Tramp while Madison ran around like a crazy person.  I captured a cute moment of the girls with Pop Pop watching the movie.




And of course, just a cute picture of Riley!


After Riley watched her movie, her and Madi went down to sleep at my Mom's while we watched Transformers 2.  It was the perfect Thanksgiving.  Thanks Mom for always having such a wonderful dinner for us.  Love you!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger