Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Confession

Okay, this has gone on long enough.

I'm finally ready to confess. 

I, Kristi Rush, have been taking advantage of the time change. 

It started November 1st, and it still has not stopped.  I think I might have a problem.  It gets dark, my girls go to bed.  Sometimes if they go down for a late nap, around 3:00 pm, they sleep on through till the morning.  What time do they wake up you ask?  Well, no matter what, Riley wakes up with the sun, except for last Sunday, that was a fluke.  Madison, sleeps till 8:30 am no matter what.

Am I bad Mom for doing this?  Am I bad Mom for putting my kids down so early?  I've tried to wait longer to put them down, but it doesn't work.  If Riley goes to bed later, she still wakes up with the sun.  If Madison goes to bed later, she still wakes up at 8:30.  I put them to bed tonight at 4:45, they are still sleeping and will continue to sleep until the morning. 

Is it bad that I am enjoying my alone time at night?  Are there any other Mom's out there that are doing this same exact thing?  Or am I the only one?  Am I alone in this?

I don't care if I'm all alone in this.  It feels right.  It feels so right.  I've been waiting for kids that sleep and now I finally have it.  So, I am, I am going to take advantage of these dark days.  You can judge me, or you can join me.

This is my confession.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger