Monday, November 16, 2009

A Fun Weekend

We had a good weekend over here in the Rush house.  Friday, is kind of when my weekend started.  My awesome Dad has started to give me Fridays off if I need them to complete my orders.  This started a few weeks ago and I have to say, I am much more sane and useful since he has let me do this.  I swear, I have the best set up ever and am so grateful for it.  Who do you know that has to work full time gets to do it at home with their babies?  Not many, I'm so lucky to have such awesome parents, and, now, I have Fridays off to try to get my business really going!!  Thanks Mom and Dad!!  So, my Mom came over and helped me ALL day Friday.  Another reason I have such great parents, they are very giving!  We actually had a really fun day considering I was sick as a dog, coughing, sore throat, congestion, all that wonderful stuff, but I can't exactly call people and say, sorry, can't get your cake done for tomorrow for your birthday party.  How sad would they be!!!  So, we made the best of it, ordered in some Macaroni Grill for dinner, and Mom stayed until midnight helping me.  She's great.  Here are a few pictures of the orders that I had.


This cake I made for my best friends Mom.  She just turned 50 and they wanted an old lady cake.  Rhonda is soooo not old lady, she's the hottest 50 year old I've ever seen.  They requested black, the rest of the color scheme was up to me.  So, I made it for a hot 50 year old.  Old lady with the lace, picture, and hot flash decor, cool 50 with the hot pink and overall look.  Tim and I were going to go to the party, but he got off of work way too late.  Sorry Debbie, I was looking forward to talking with you.  We'll chat some other way about your layout, I really want to help you with it, the downside to the big 3 column is I think older computers (at least this is what I read) can't see the right side column.  I can see them just fine and so can my Mom on all of her computers.  If anyone knows any info on this, I'll take it!

Saturday, I delivered a cake early in the morning and then went out for lunch and shopping, we had a great time.  I realized as I was out having fun, that I should be out getting my Christmas shopping done.  I really would like to be done by December 1st so that I can just enjoy the holidays, but that's always my goal.  We'll see how that goes.  Saturday night, Tim and I went out on a date night!  I was so excited.  We've had so much going on and my parents (the babysitters) have had a lot going on that Tim and I haven't been out on a date in six months.  How sad is that?  Well we had a really good time, and it was really good for us.  Thanks again Mom, you're a giver.

Sunday, this is where ALL the pictures come in.  Tim was supposed to go into work but he decided to just go in early this morning.  We had such an awesome day.  We haven't had a day like this in so long.  Just a relaxing, do what you want to do type of day.  So, I'll walk you through it.

We started our day off great, with all of us waking up at 8:30, hello, beautiful. We had breakfast and watched Cinderella with Riley while Madison puttered around the downstairs. Tim ran in the morning for milk and Starbucks so I had a Chai treat while watching Cinderella. Yummy!! Then, Tim's football team was playing (the Bengals), so he watched that while Madi slept, and Riley and I made hand sugar cookies. She saw it on Noggin, and I asked her if she'd like to make them, and of course everyday since then, she has been asking to make hand cookies. So, Sunday was perfect. The directions were, to trace your hands for your patterns, and then make turkeys. Well, after doing two of Riley's hands, I decided to let Riley just do it with my hand cookie cutter. She loved it. She helped me roll out the dough, cut the cookies, make the icing, and color the icing, she picked the colors. Then she decorated, by that time, I scratched the whole turkey idea, she really didn't care.












When Riley and I were finished with our cookies, Madi woke up and I got everyone ready for the park while Tim watched the rest of his game.  Bengals won, big game, Tim, happy.  So, we headed over for some chicken stars to bring to the park.  Riley had a blast.

After the park, we let the girls enjoy a little ice cream.

Then we all went home and took the Harley out for a spin.
While some of us blew bubbles.

We finished up our evening with dinner and a bath.

I think this Sunday was so much fun because we spent it as a family.  I'm so quick to include everyone in what we are doing that I forget how we need time as just the four of us every once in a while.  We all really enjoyed our day.  I hope you had fun looking at the pictures.  I know I haven't posted pics of the girls in a while and I know Nana and Grand Dad are missing them.  So enjoy!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger