Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Foodie Friday




This is my very first Foodie Friday hosted by Gollum @ Designs by Gollum and I hope to contribute as often as I can. I couldn't pass this Freaky Foodie Friday up. What a fun theme.



Here's my quick story. I know I've had my share of bloopers in the kitchen but this one is the most recent. I have a designer cake and cookie business, Your Sugar Rush, and I love it. My Mom did a birthday dinner for me and decided that I should make my own cake. It was going to be a really cute carved purse cake that she was going to display on a hat box. Well, it was a great idea until I had a last minute order. Between my order, my two babies (three if you include my husband), and last minute chaos, I totally train wrecked my cake. I started assembling and decorating it five minutes after it was supposed to be completed. I wanted to throw it against the wall and from the picture, it looks like I did!! I decided that instead of pouting over my mess, that we'd eat it anyway. It's a good thing we did because it was still delicious. I'm actually thinking about selling them through my business, I will call them Inside Out Cakes!!! So, I guess it was not a complete loss!!! Thanks for coming by, I loved sharing my story with you all and I look forward to reading yours!! Happy Foodie Friday everyone!!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger