Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Dancing With the Stars


When Tim and I moved in with my Grandma she was addicted to a little show called Dancing With the Stars. Tim and I thought to ourselves, how are we ever going to sit through this show every Monday and Tuesday night? Well, it didn't take long before I was hooked and Tim being the good husband that he is, pretended that he was just as into it as I was. I decided since we don't live with Grandma anymore, we should have her over for dinner every Monday night to watch the show and eat a good meal. I decided I'd make a new recipe from Giada's cookbook. I picked this recipe because I thought Riley might enjoy helping me roll the meatballs, well I was wrong. But, the dinner was delicious and Riley did enjoy eating it. So I guess this post is really all about the food. We had a really great time and my Mom came to join us. Looking forward to next Monday. I'll start planning my menu!!!

The salad, my Mom makes an outstanding really quick balsamic dressing that she did for this simple salad. Romaine, feta, red pepper, pine nuts, and cranberries.


My bruschetta, basil, tomato, and fresh mozzarella.




Orecchiette (which I could not find so I used shells) with Mini Chicken Meatballs. I made this with a few changes, for one I used turkey breast instead of chicken, because I don't know what parts of the chicken they grind up, ew. This was really good and different, it's nice to eat meatballs that are not heavy and drenched in marinara. all though I like it that way too.


This is what we call multi-tasking


I didn't set the table but here is our dinner all together!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger