Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Shower

I delivered a cake yesterday morning for a little boy's baby shower. I guess it was actually for a sprinkle, that seems to be what everyone is calling a baby shower for the second, third baby. They didn't have a theme and my sweetie was lost and had no idea what I should do. The colors were blue and green but the Mom was not doing anything new nursery wise because it's her second boy. So, I asked her what the invitation looked like and she gave me one. The animals were so cute that I decided we'd make it an animal cake. She also asked if I could incorporate some kind of a stripe on the cake like the invitation. She also requested no pink or purple. This cake was my most difficult color match yet. I had to match the invitation, the ribbon, and the monkey. I had to make everything flow, and I think it worked. Can you believe the green on the cake has some orange in it? So here she is. It's a four layer Bavarian cream and chocolate cake iced with butter cream. The animals are fondant. I tried to get a good picture of this cake but there is so much going on that it was hard to get one really good one.


Here is the invitation. I thought these little guys were so cute.





 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger