Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Little Bit Closer

I feel bad because I've totally stopped taking pictures of the girls, we've been so busy getting our house together that I don't think about it until I try to post something. Anyway, here are a few more pictures of the house, we are really getting closer. On Saturday, instead of working on the house, we did a little shopping. I bought the sectional we've been looking at and I also found a gorgeous bistro table at Tai Pan. Thank you Mom and Grandma for some early birthday money, with their help, I only had to fork out $130 for this table and I love it, love it, love it. The sectional fits perfectly into our family room too, all I need now is a nice big rug and some artwork and decorative items. That's the fun part. We also got the girls bathroom in order and partly decorated, it looks so cute!! All of our rooms are coming together but there is still so much that we need. I wish we were millionaires so that I could just go buy everything we need to finish the place, stupid budget!!! Anyway, enjoy looking at what we have done and hopefully soon, I'll be posting pictures of more important things, like the still screaming baby I wish you could hear in the background. I've been trying to get her to go to sleep since 8:30, I don't think it's working. So much for the cry it out method. Sometimes I wish I could tape a pacifier to her mouth, she refuses to take one for longer than 30 seconds, sorry totally off subject, here is the house.



Some artwork we hung in the guest bathroom.




The bar stools my Momma gave us, I love them!!!




The sectional we just purchased. I know what you're thinking, look at that light fabric and they have two kids!!! Don't worry, I got the stain protective crap thing they sell you. For $70 extra, we have it under warranty for five years and it covers EVERYTHING!! Plus Riley is not allowed on the couch with anything but water, and that's if we are sitting with her. Same thing goes for Tim, haha!!





The view from the kitchen to the family room. We are trying our table at an angle, what do you think?





Here is one of the chairs to my rustic bistro table. I really love this piece.





Here she is!! Please disregard the gay fake plant I have on the table, I really need decorator items.






Here is the other side of the living room. It was such an odd room and my Mom had the idea for the bistro table, I think it will be a great way to display my cakes when my clients come to pick them up, that way they don't have to totally come all the way into my house. This is my Grandma Kelley's couch that she gave us, I need to get some pillows for it.





Everything is coming together so nicely.





Here is the girls' bathroom. I'm loving everything about it so far, we're also planning some more fancy paint work in here.





The towels with ballerinas, so cute.





Our rose poofs, as we like to call them.













I found this bathroom stuff at TJ Maxx a while ago. It is all sparkly and plastic so that I don't have to worry about the girls and glass. Their bathroom is totally girl, sparkles and all!!!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger