Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Warming Up the Place

It's Wednesday night and our carpet is officially in. I didn't realize how good the carpet was going to look, our house, looks completely different. When we bought it, it was gray and cold, from floor to ceiling, and now it's so warm. The colors we picked for the paint and carpet could not have been more perfect for us. We love the way it turned out. I think it looks so good that I don't even mind the ugly tile floors anymore. The tile flooring was going to be our first big project. I was ready to save thousands of dollars to put in some hardwoods. Not anymore, I think we will do everything else first and then think about flooring. It's funny what a little paint and carpet can do. I thank God everyday for this house. It's more than I ever expected. Here are some pics!!

Here's the bonus room, I can't wait to get all of Riley's toys in here. Tuesday night, I couldn't get Riley downstairs. She was rolling around on the carpet having so much fun. She loves her new house!!




The stairs



This is my work space for now. I have a nice desk coming to put here. I love working on the landing. I can't tell you how good it feels to work here where I can see everything. I finally have more food in the house, the girls and I went to Costco tonight and stocked up on stuff. This afternoon all I had to munch on was this popcorn from Christmas. Don't judge me.




Madison from upstairs. We decided to carpet the living room downstairs. I was not thrilled about the idea but now that it's done, I'm so glad we did it. I just love everything.




I got sick of pictures of carpet so here is a preview to Riley's room. This is her bedding. I can't wait to finish painting her room and putting the chair rail up.




This is where Tim and I have been sleeping the past five or so days. Right smack dab in the family room.




A little preview to the kitchen, I know it's a mess. Don't judge me.

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger