Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Years Birthday

I did a birthday cake for a client's mother today. They requested red and pink with the roses that you can eat. It was a last minute order, I'm surprised I had time to do it. Well, actually, I didn't have time to do it and I'm stupid. See, the last order that I had took every last bit of butter cream that I had. So December 31st I'm telling my Mom that I need to go and get butter cream from Sam's. And, this was 5:00. She started to panic saying it's New Year's Eve they are probably closed or close at 6:00. So after a few cuss words, I threw my screaming babies into the car, and we took off flying down the road to Sam's. Thank God, they were open!! I was going to be really bummed if I spent my New Year's Eve making butter cream. So here it is, the cake that should be a Valentines Day cake, but hey, you gotta give the customer what they want right? Oh yeah, it's a four layer white cake with lemon filling, not my favorite but surprisingly a favorite of many. Also, the flowers are royal icing and I did Chantilly lace around the bottom.











 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger