Thursday, January 28, 2010

Preschool Update

Tomorrow, after 12:00 pm, Riley will have completed 3 full weeks of preschool.

She's doing great!  At least I think she is.  The teachers have nothing but good reports for me every time I pick her up.  They told me that they had a discussion about her on how great she is doing considering she's never had an experience like this before.  They looked shocked, to me, that's good news. 

I still don't really know if she's gone potty there.  I don't know why I'm so obsessed with this subject, but I am.  Riley tells me that she does and then she washes her hands.  Apparently, Riley is a little obsessed with washing her hands, the teachers told me that she's a pro now.

They do a lot in 3.5 hours.  I'm always surprised with how much I'm carting back to the car.  Painting, coloring, tracing, letters, everything.  I'm loving that they are really teaching her about Jesus, like really.  Brainwashing is the best.  Can I get a Woo Hoo for Jesus???  Amen.

Riley does not really tell me about preschool.  Some things that I've learned... (through a lot of questioning.)

  1. She has a friend named Becky, we'll see about that.
  2. She loves to play outside.
  3. The kids are great.  "Really coo kids Mom."
  4. Raisins are awesome.  (She's become a better eater watching the other kids try new things.)
  5. Jesus lives upstairs.  She tries to find him when we are at home.
  6. Her favorite activity is to paint.
She has developed some what of an attitude that is in full swing when we get in the car to go home.  She tries to demand me to do things.  Tells me not to yell at her.  Riley can do it.  Angry eyes.  Humph attitude.  Where is this coming from?  Is it because she has to listen and obey the teachers for a full 3.5 hours?  That is a lot of good behavior for a three year old.  Especially my 3 year old.  So, I'm not to hard on her but I don't let her disrespect yo.

She's so good in the mornings before she goes to preschool.  She does whatever I say and is happy to do it.  I wish every morning was a preschool morning.  Not that I want her in preschool everyday, I just want happy mornings everyday.  Such a dreamer I am.

Some of her beautiful artwork:






This is a fire truck. It's been on the fridge since her first day. The other day, Riley was eating her breakfast and she was admiring her work on the fridge. I was doing Mom things when she said, "Oops, ha ha. Those wheels suppose to be down der." She then got up to show me exactly where they were supposed to be.





On a side note, there are a lot of older parents with their kids in this preschool.  Why are they rude?  Not all of them, but for instance, on Riley's first day, I came to pick her up a little early and one of the kid's Mom and Dad were there to hand out cupcakes and pizza.  As they were leaving, I said, "Thank you so much for the cupcakes!"  The Mom looked at me, and said, "Mm Hm."  Not in a friendly tone.  Okay.  Weird.  If someone (anyone) said thank you to me for bringing cupcakes, I'd respond with a, "Oh you are so welcome!"  Or something like that.  I'm not worried about it or anything, but I've definitely noticed a difference between older parents and younger parents.  Is that bad to say out loud?  Just curious if anyone else has had a similar situation.  I'm not saying it's all older parents, and by older, I'm talking like 37/38.  That same Mom and Dad were having a conversation with another older parent and they were so pleasant to each other, that's why I was so surprised with her Mm Hm response to me.  Oh well.  Whatev.  Maybe I'm just sensitive.  Maybe it's just that one parent.  Like I said, it's not all older parents, just a select few.  I don't want anyone who might be an older parent read this post and get upset, that is not my intention.  And also, when I say older, I don't mean old, I mean older than me.  Okay, I'm done now.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger