Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Wounded

Yesterday, Riley and I took a tumble down the stairs. How? Do you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Normally, when I straighten our downstairs area, I start a small pile of stuff to bring upstairs on the stairs. On this particular day, that included some papers and bills. Well, I had yet to bring my pile upstairs when Riley decided she wanted to go downstairs to eat some goldfish. She asked me to carry her so I did, normally she asks me to run down the stairs because she bounces up and down and she thinks it's the greatest. Well, we ran down half way and I stopped mid landing because I then realized that Riley had turned my bills from my neat little pile into a huge catastrophe of paperwork on the stairs. So ever so carefully, I was making my way downstairs when I slipped on a piece of paper that I just didn't see. Well, my feet went right out from under me and Riley and I crashed down. I heard what I thought was her head hitting the wall, but I don't know if it was hers or mine because of the enormous pain that instantly shot through my back.. We were the only ones home so through my pain and Riley's screaming, which woke up the babe, I finally got her to the LR sofa. I thought that the fall just scared her and maybe her head hurt but she was grabbing at her ankle. Which I thought, great, I broke it. I broke my little girls ankle.

Well, it does not appear to be broken but I think she may have twisted it pretty good. It hurt her yesterday off and on so I gave her some Tylenol and wrapped her ankle up pretty good. I guess through multiple sprains myself from volleyball, I'm a pretty good ankle taper. Today she still won't walk on it, but she's been crawling around and has been pretty rough with it. It's a tad swollen but not black or blue or anything like that and she can wiggle her toes. I will be keeping a close watch on her these next couple of days, but I really don't think it's broken. It has not been wrapped all day but she's still some what careful of it. My poor baby, I hate when they get hurt.

As for me, well, my back was awful yesterday. I have an ongoing back injury that happened in college playing volleyball that still gives me fits to this day, it's kind of like an ongoing pain. Well, I was worried that I reinjured that but I think I mostly bruised my tail bone and banged up my right side. It's hard now that I have to carry around two kids instead of one and it's the picking up and putting down that really sucks.

On a happier note, Riley went poo poo in the potty today and is very proud of herself!! Yay, for Riley!!

We went over to Granma's house yesterday for a little Gwamom TLC. She ate some mac and cheese and got to soak her foot in the hot tub for a while.



 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger