Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm in a Funk

A blogging funk that is. I don't know what is wrong with me. I can't seem to get myself to blog about anything. My first problem is that I haven't been taking any pictures. My camera just gets on my nerves these days. It takes two seconds longer to shoot a picture so I never get the picture that I want. We all know that with kids, you need a quick snap and my camera doesn't seem to get that. It drives me crazy so what I do is wait until I'm over at my Mom's house and have her take pictures or I'll pick up her camera and do it myself. But that isn't working. I think I just need to read my book and get my camera working properly, you know, in my "spare" time. I'm disgusted with my recent blogging activity because seriously, there has been nothing interesting on here. I've been so busy with work and orders and babies that quite honestly, the last thing I really want to do is a new post. I'll sit and read other blogs but I've neglected mine. I've even neglected my Sugar Rush page. I have so many orders to post on there and I just don't seem to get around to it.

Plus, it's hot, and I spoke with Edison today about my bill, I thought for sure it was wrong. Well, it's not and apparently this month it will be even more than last months. Bummer. So they told me to put my air at 78 or 80 if I could handle it. What???? Are you serious??? In this heat??? Okay so all day I've tried 78, every 15 minutes or so I get to feel a drip of sweat run down my back and pools of it collect in you know, other places. I also got a refrigerator for my cakes and stuff that is sitting in our garage, that too is the culprit. What do you people keep your air at? I was keeping it at 75, 76 and that was perfect for my house, ahhh, I'm imagining those days of cool living right now. I've toyed with the idea of walking around my house in a bathing suit and a squirt bottle but that vision is just plain ugly. Ohh yes, the air just kicked on for what I imagine will be a very short five minutes or so, maybe I should go stand under a vent...

So any who, I really don't know what this post is about. I feel the need to explain why I have not been blogging. The real reasons are, aside from the camera, I'm just a busy, busy person, I don't stop. I'm watching my girls from 7 in the morning and I'm the one putting them down at 7 at night. I don't have help with the bedtime routine, lunch, breakfast, dinner, story reading, bathing, walks, Tim works a lot. And I work all day too, plus if I have an order, that night I'm working on that, and it does not matter what the order is, it's at least a three day process, unless it's a small cookie order. Plus, you know, I do have to run errands, go into the office to get work (a.k.a. bring my Mom BRC burritos and Starbucks coffees), bring the girls to my Mom's to swim, clean my house, etc, etc. Oh yeah and to top it all off, my little Madi still does not sleep at night. So I'm tired too. I'm not complaining at all, I'm just explaining myself. I mostly feel bad about this lack of posts because I know my in laws need to see pictures of the girls and they need to know what's going on in their lives. I feel guilty when I don't blog at least twice a week. So, I'm going to try to do better. I'm going to charge up my dead, gay camera and start taking stupid two second late pictures. You might only see pics of the tops of heads or the sides of faces but dang it, there will be pictures.


What have we been up too???

So glad you asked. The potty thing. Riley. Potty. Pee pee. Dukey. Big girl underwear. I took into consideration everyone's comments, to put the big girl underwear away and give it a break. But, I'm afraid I've opened up a can of worms. The worms are all over the house. Riley has been telling me that she wants to wear her big girl underwear and go potty on the toilet. Problem is, she does not always get there. She will try to get to the potty but she's still learning. She has actually gone on the potty a couple of times and is very proud of herself when she does. I think she wants to go on the potty all the time, it's still all very new to her. So I give her the option everyday and she tells me what she wants to do. I think this will be at least a month long process but I think she's getting there, and she wants to use the potty. So we will see. I'm very proud of the progress she has made though. I was totally going to just forget about it for a while but Riley has her own ideas.

We have spent a lot of time in the pool at my Mom's house and that has been fun. Riley loves the water and so does Madi. They are little fish. I need to get Riley in swimming lessons, see, I should be looking that stuff up right now instead of blogging. My Grandma has been hanging out with us a couple of days a week and the girls love that. Especially Riley, she loves her BaBa. She also stayed the night with us one night last week and that was really fun. I made her my Nordstroms salad that I do and she was in heaven! She's doing so much better too, she looks great.
We really have not been doing anything exciting but Riley is happy just to go to my Mom's to swim. She asks me everyday, "Gwamom's house? Get in the car and go to Gwamom's house?" When I tell her no, it's, "Go to the oppice? See Gwamom at the oppice? I think she has a slight obsession with my Mother...


My blog promise:
To at least post something fun at least once a week, the ultimate goal right now to post twice in one week. To have at least five pictures of side and top head views of the girls per post. To blog even if I'm sitting in a pool of my own sweat. Monthly updates of Madison do not count as a weekly post. There. We'll see if I can keep this up.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger