Thursday, August 13, 2009

Adding to Our Family

We are very happy to announce that we are adding six new members to the Rush family. Yes, that's right, I've had sextuplets. I should say that I'm happy, Tim, not so much. My poor Tim works so hard and almost every Saturday, conveniently, when the dump is open. We have this little side yard type thing that is gated that we usually keep our trash cans in. Well, we did some clean up of the yard and put it in bags and silly me had to take the trash out one day and decided to put our yard waste in our can, well, it went everywhere and we have yet had the time to clean it up. Also back in our little area are just some boxes that need to be cut down and taken to the dump with some other cardboard and big stuff. Well, we've been keeping our trash cans out of our side yard and just close by. Apparently, I don't know if this little lady actually birthed her babies back here or not, but two days ago, she emerged with five cute little balls of fluff. Mama is hurt and limping, I think she broke her leg so I'm trying to become friends so that I can help her and get her leg fixed. She's very skiddish and will not come near me but she's becoming less and less afraid. I feed her everyday and I've given her a little towel to lay on with her babies to feed them, it has actually been a big hit with the kitty family. So, I'm hoping that she will actually start to let me near her so that I can fix her and you know, steal her babies. I'd like to keep two babies and the Mama and give the others to my Mom and brother. Tim informed me that we cannot keep them all, I don't know why not. I guess he doesn't want me to be known as the Cat Lady or something.

Yesterday, I saw Mama cat in the morning and did not see her for the rest of the day. I was afraid she abandoned her babies and I was going to have to nurse them. I'm lactating so that wouldn't be a problem, hahaha, just kidding, I'm not a sicko. But I was so worried that I was going to be up all night with five little kittens and mini bottles, and kitty formula, oh yeah, and with my own baby. Luckily when we got back from my Mom's, Mama cat was hanging out on the fence. Phew, because I still had to clean my house to get ready for company this weekend, and bake some cakes. I don't have time to nurse what look like four week old kittens? If anyone has had kittens before, I'd love to know how old you think these little cuties are. It's been at least five years since I've had kittens so I can't remember. I took these pictures from our living room window through the shutters.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger