Monday, June 15, 2009

A Nice Visit

Just a warning, this post is going to have quite a few pictures.


Tim's brother Jared and his wife Melanie and their daughter Jocelyn came out to visit this past week. They got here Saturday night and stayed through Friday. Early this past Saturday morning we all took off for the Rush family reunion out in Chowchilla and we got home yesterday.

I wish I had taken more pictures but we had a long week. Jared and Melanie took Jocelyn all over the place. We really wanted to go to Disneyland with them but it just didn't work out. It is too hard to get off of work. They had a great time though and Jared actually stood right behind Christina Aguilera in the Dumbo line. We didn't get to go to the happiest place on earth but we did spend the day with them at Sea World and that was a blast. Tim's cousin Shelley and her daughter met us out there and we saw all of the shows and the girls had a blast. Riley and Madi both loved Shamu, I think that was the highlight of their day! I'm excited to go back and hopefully next time we go, my Mom will get to join us.



We really enjoyed having the Rush's stay and visit and Riley had a ton of fun with Jocelyn. I told her before they got here that her older cousin that gets to boss her around is coming down from Oregon and she got very excited. They played really well together, and Riley even forgave Jocelyn for giving her a fat lip, I'm not sure that Jocelyn gave her the fat lip but Jared insists that she did, he says he knows his daughter. I didn't get a picture of that lip but it was big and she milked it! They had so much fun playing together, I wish they lived closer.

Here are a few pics from Sea World.


Jared with Madi.


Cousins.

The reunion was a lot of fun too. Tim's family is very nice and boy do they no how to throw a party. Ho Daddy, is that what they are called? Shauna, thanks so much for having us at your beautiful home, we had a blast. We even played beer pong like a bunch of kids in college. Jared beat everyone because he's the only one that did not drink. It was fun and our girls were excellent the entire time. I'm hoping they put a reunion together every year. Shauna if you are reading this, you need to get your blog going, I'm putting a link to it on mine and I'm expecting some updates soon, I need to know how often you and the hubby play beer pong alone, and I'm hoping you keep Miss August up all year long. Was it Miss August? Or September? Once again I can't remember, maybe I had too many Howdy Doodys. Anyway, we had a blast, thanks again!


They tried to fly a kite.


The kids blew some bubbles and Riley planted a flower, that later got ripped out by one of the other kids!


So handsome.


Riley helped clean up the next day.


Another attempt at a cousin picture.

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger