Monday, June 15, 2009

Wedding Cake

On Friday I delivered this wedding cake for a couple that came for a tasting a few months back. I had sketched some cakes up for them to give them a few ideas and they ended up going with something a little different. The groom had his heart set on a square cake, which, if you ask me, is the hardest cake to ice. He also wanted the tiers to not be perfectly set. He wanted the two top tiers to be at a diagnol. This was the first time I ever did a cake like that. I've never offered it because it's not my favorite look. I like a cake that is perfectly centered and tiered, I think it looks the most clean and neat. But, I'm not in this business to do what I want to do, I do what my sweeties want. They did use my idea of doing the center tier yellow, the colors of their wedding were yellow and white. They showed me their wedding invite at the end of our consultation and the scroll design on it was absolutely gorgeous so they went with my idea to do that in white on the top and bottom tiers. When we delivered the cake, they had fresh roses to put on the cake. With a more crazy architectural design, I like to keep the design on the cake rather simple, that's why I went with the white on white for the scroll design. Overall, I love the way this cake turned out, I thought it was very romantic. And, it was HUGE!!!











 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger