Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Arizona

This past weekend Tim and I packed up the girls, a lot of toys, a million diapers, lion, turtle, and some clothes for us and headed out to Arizona for a quick turn around visit. My bestest friend in the whole wide world was down from Washington to be there for her brother that just graduated high school. When I met Crystal, her brother was in kindergarten so you can imagine how old I felt, and still feel. It was so good to see Crystal and Katelynn and her whole family. I love her Mom and Dad to death and they always make us feel like family. They've also taken a liking to Tim so that makes it even more fun ;) We left the house around ten in the morning on Saturday because we got a late jump on things. I had been up since 4:30 in the morning decorating that cake, packing, and cleaning the house. The last thing I like to do when on a trip is come back to a messy house, that is just depressing. So I ended up sleeping till 7:30, Tim had gotten up about the time I went to bed to go finish a side job that he had been working on and he got home around eight, so we were dragging it a bit and by the time we both had showers, dressed the babes, and packed up the car, it was 9:40, we stopped for breakfast on the road and were off.

I have two GREAT kids. It's always very nerve racking going on a trip with kids. We've taken Riley on a road trip once and that was right before we found out I was pregnant with Madi. She did great, but, we had gotten a DVD player to play Backyardigans the entire trip. My Mom had gone in with me to buy it, and then, it got stolen out of our car a couple of months later. So I had to go to Target and get a whole new set. So we put one screen in front of Riley and one in front of Madi and they were unbelievably good. Of course there was fussing but I could not be happier with our road trip. The way home was probably better than the way there. Of course we left later so the last two hours of the trip we had Madi sleeping and then an hour before we got home, Riley fell asleep. It was nice. A good visit is always fun no matter how short it is. Love you Crystal!!!

While we were there, we had Otter Pops...

In the car we played with Mommy and Daddy's things...

We took pictures with our best friends...

We made everyone think we were the cutest thing in the entire world...

We played with Daddy...

We played in the sprinklers with Katelynn...


The girls modeled their bathing suits... We watched the Merricks have good times...
And we had fun with Crystal's darling little girl!
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger