Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Been One of THOSE Days



I'm usually not one to complain about much. But, it's one of those days. I have had a heck of a time over here at the Rush house. I want to leave all by myself. That's not possible though. I have not been away from the girls for longer than two hours at a time in I don't know how long. At least not since Madi was born, and the only time I was away from Riley for that long was for a weekend trip to Washington back in the summer of 2007. Can you say Kristi needs a day to herself? All by herself where she does not spend 30 minutes getting the baby to sleep only to find Riley in her room waking her up five minutes later. All by herself where she does not have something hanging onto her leg. All alone where "Go to timeout, now!" does not get repeated twenty times a day. All by herself where she can sit alone with a book, or a twelve pack of beer, did I say a twelve pack? Riley is constantly causing trouble, what is up with that? And Madi? She never sleeps. At night she does, if I'm lucky, but getting a nap out of her is like impossible. I'm tired and want a day alone. But, that is not possible because Madison won't take a bottle. So I figured the only thing left to do is to complain. So this is me complaining. And while I complain I think about what I am complaining about and how selfish of me this is. There are people out there that can only dream about having two beautiful daughters and I'm complaining because I can't get away by myself, alone, all alone. Oh no there I go again. The good news is that I put the kids to bed at 6:30 tonight. The good news is that Madi is sleeping. The bad news is I can see Riley's light on in her room and can hear her prancing around like a fairy. Hey, she asked to go to bed at 6:30 after dinner and a bath. I did not force her nor did I say no. So, I am alone, kind of, not really. It does not count at the end of the day when you can't leave because you are in PJ pants because you got pooped on and they were the closest thing to you when you put them on at 4:30 this afternoon. I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day, one filled with smiles and giggling and secrets and love. But today, I'm officially making Complaining Day. I might mark it on my calendar and do the same thing next year. We shall see, I can't think that far ahead right now. So, I'm off to go have an adult beverage, and then do something that needs to be done before company comes this weekend. But I can't post something all about me so here are those darn little cuties I'm complaining about here on Complaining Day.

To show that my day started out rough. This is what Riley decided to do when I told her to go downstairs because it was time for breakfast. Cheerios everywhere, in two minutes flat.
Okay so they are cute.

Here is a video of Madi movin around. She's definitely doing a little crawling and has been for about a week now, but she is still not a full on crawler. She's excellent at going from the crawling to the sitting position and has been doing that for about two weeks now. She's also starting to try to pull herself up a little bit.


And this is a video of Riley jumping. She jumped for the first time when she turned two and now she thinks she's a frog!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger