Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bridal Shower Cake

I did this cake last Saturday for a bridal shower. The brides colors are lime and white and she gave me full go with the cake. Sometimes that is hard when you don't get given a direction because the bride can have something completely different in her mind then what I do. So I kept it very bridal with a ribbon around the top tier with a diamond buckle. I then did a fake hydrangea on top tied with a ribbon that just flowed down the back of the cake, kind of to tie in a bride's bouquet, and the long ribbon made me think of a veil. She was thrilled with the cake and I was too. These two tiers are small and perfect for a party of 30-40, they are my new favorite sized cakes to do. I'm doing her wedding cake as well and I'm hoping she may want to change her thoughts on that design after seeing her bridal shower cake. We shall see!!! The entire cake is iced in buttercream.





 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger