Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hotel De Rush

I love having a guest bedroom. I can't even say how wonderful it is to know that our guests are comfortable in their own room. When it comes time to have another baby, which won't be for a very long time, I think I'd rather convert the bonus room into a room, or double room for twin boys, if I'm lucky, then have to use the guest bedroom for one of the kids. That of course is if we are still in this house when that time comes. I have so enjoyed having company the last couple of weeks and look forward to Joy and Dave coming this weekend.

The room has come along beautifully. A couple weekends ago, we bought some paint and redid two pieces of furniture for that room. It looks totally custom. It's amazing what a little bit of paint and hardware can do for furniture. Tim filled in the original holes in the tall chest and drilled new ones so that I could go with my crystal knobs, I love them! I'm so happy with the way this room is coming. It still needs a few more things like a replacement for the wreaths and maybe one more piece of artwork, but overall, I'm happy if it stays just like this for a while.

Tim and I feel like we have opened up a Bed and Breakfast with all the company we've had. It's been a lot of fun. I'm excited for Tim's parents this weekend because Tim's Dad has yet to even see the house with us moved in, and Joy, a lot has changed since your last visit in February. Wow, we've been busy little bees over here at Hotel De Rush. All I have left to do for your visit Joy is get fresh flowers for your bed side table, and maybe a few smut mags for some light reading ;). Can't wait!

Here are before and afters of the furniture.



Here is what the room looked like when we bought the house.






 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger