Friday, May 15, 2009

Not Poo...

The mystery smear is not poo, but that does not mean that I don't find poo in wierd places on my children!! Especially Madi, how does that stuff get where it does? Anyway, the mystery smear is not anything funny it's just paint. We had a little run in with the HOA. Our shutters and garage door were both faded and we also had what looked like an egg stain on our garage. We received a notice from the HOA saying that we needed to paint our shutters and garage door the original colors. Upon reading this notice, I got really upset, who are THEY to tell ME what color to paint MY house????? I understand that we needed to repaint, that does not bother me, but don't tell me what color, with the paint code included in the notice. So I then contacted the HOA to tell them we would repaint but not the original color. She said that was fine and sent me paperwork to fill out. Upon receiving the paperwork, I realized there was much more work to be done to change the color of my house. I had to get the neighbors' approval and everything. Well, I went to Home Depot to see what I could find and realized that I didn't have enough time or money to do what I wanted to do so we gave in, kind of. I still think we rebelled just a tad because we did not get the Frazee paint they asked us too. We just went with a similar color in a different brand. So THERE, stupid HOA. The Rushes rebel against your stupid paint code.

Tim did a great job painting the house and I do have to say it is a big improvement. Just a little paint does wonders. On Mother's Day when I was off shopping without ANY children, Tim painted the house and watched the kids. What a great guy!! He pointed out some drips that he wanted me to know were not his doing, he didn't want to be blamed for someone elses sloppy work. He's so funny. So here is our newly painted shutters and garage door in not the exact original color...



 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger