Monday, February 16, 2009

A Romantic Evening For Four

My best friend from college came out to visit us this past weekend from Florida. She came with her new love Joe, and I have to say, I think he is a keeper. I'm very excited for her, she's very happy. This is the second wave of company we've have this month already and Tim's Mom is in town next weekend for 10 days or so. I've been busy!! I counted the days in February that Tim and I would have the house to ourselves, and the grand total is 9 days, pretty crazy!!


For Valentines Day, I decided it would be much more fun to stay at home for dinner. I set the table nice and pretty and made a delicious meal, if I do say so myself!! With the girls, we didn't eat until 9:30, but we feasted on a yummy appetizer before that! We had planned on eating late because of the unknown with the girls, so everyone had eaten a late lunch. We had a great time and it was so much fun to spend time with an old friend.

The menu for our evening started out with a tomato basil bruschetta with fresh mozzarella appetizer followed by a strawberry spinach salad, tomato basil pasta with feta cheese and pine nuts, and a honey balsamic chicken. The app and the salad, were so good, they were both new recipes that I found and altered, and I loved them both. For dessert, I was going to make a mascarpone cheesecake, but I ran out of time. So, instead, I bought a cheesecake, and we had that with chocolate dipped strawberries and brownie bites. We had a great evening enjoying our dinner, wine, and games. I think I could do that every weekend!! Thanks you two for being such great house guests!


Here is the table








Me and my Rich, don't ask.



The bruschetta, I was supposed to garnish with more basil on top, but I needed the rest of it for my other recipe.





Kristen and Joe





Last night, Kristen and Joe took Tim and I out for sushi at Ra. Thanks guys! I'm still craving sushi, everything was so yummy!!. After, we were going to go to the Dueling Pianos but, they were closing five minutes after we got there, oh well, next time!! Here is Tim and I after sushi.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger