Monday, July 18, 2011

The Next Day

If you haven't read The Drive Up please read that post first.  It's a series of posts people, you don't want to be lost. :)

We all woke up around 7:45 the next morning.  The kids were excited, and bouncing around.  I couldn't wait to make our first pot of coffee in the RV.

But first I had to peek out the window at our surroundings.

Gorgeous blue skies.  I couldn't wait to get down to the creek.  We all got dressed and we headed over to my Mom's RV so that we could get our day started.


Her site was right across from one of my favorite parts of the creek.  It's very calm and you can see the fish in the water.  The girls wasted no time dropping their lines in.

I gave Riley a quick lesson and she caught on after two casts.  Madi just wanted to play in the water.  The ICE COLD water.  I should have known.  So we gave her a net thinking she could get busy with that.


Let me tell you, she did not disappoint.

Daddy couldn't help himself and quickly dropped a line in too.  It's kind of hard to fish in the creek unless you have the right equipment.  It's a pain in the behind unless you are fly fishing.  I don't like it very much, but that's just my opinion.  I like fishing the lake.  But we both gave the creek a little whirl.



Before we knew it we were all starving and didn't realize how late it had gotten.  We decided on making a great big breakfast, or brunch actually by the time we got around to eating.

I cooked outside, and it was wonderful.  I seriously could cook outside all the time. In surroundings like this of course.


But word quickly got out that I was the best cook in town and we had a few visitors.


Everything tastes so much better up there.  I'm not just saying that, it really does.  But it could be because of the fact that we use lots of butter, and fry things.  And eat things that we don't normally eat because if we ate like that all the time we'd weigh 500 pounds.


Yeah, 500 pounds easy.

Mmm, I'm reliving that breakfast.  It was so stinking good.  Please enjoy the scenery while I go get a napkin to wipe the drool from my chin.


Friday was kind of a weird day.  My Dad wasn't there with the CRV so we had to take our motorhome up to the lake.  My Mom offered to sit with Madi in the RV while she napped so that Tim and I could take our poles and Riley out to fish a little.  I didn't take my camera for obvious reasons but we had fun with Riley.

She wanted to come out in the water with me but she didn't have any waders.  I think she would have stayed out there all day if we let her. 

After fishing for a bit we headed back to camp where Tim took that 45 minutes to level the RV.  Remember him?  The guy that shaved his head?  Here, I'll refresh your memories...


Yeah, it's not my favorite.  But he's still handsome.  Especially when he makes that face.  Gets me every time.


The kids enjoyed exploring our campsite and just as I was getting appetizers out for dinner, my Dad showed up.  We enjoyed a yummy spaghetti dinner, wine, and a great bonfire before calling it a night.


So even if you are already sick of the Rock Creek posts, I don't care.  I still have at least 3 more posts to do.  Maybe only 2.  I haven't decided.

Stay tuned for The West Nile Virus and Model Material


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger