Sunday, July 17, 2011

And We Are Back

What a trip!

We had so much fun.  Spending time with family is what it is all about.  The girls did great and I realize that they are still a little bit young for this type of a trip.  It's a lot of hard work but they had a fantastic time.  I know this because when we got home, Madi threw a little fit because we had to get out of the motorhome and into our house.

Ah.  That girl.  She's definitely a keeper.  And Riley...born fisherman.  She didn't catch anything but she has the personality for it.

I'm a proud Mama.

You know what I've really enjoyed?  The fact that my Dad introduced us to fishing and Rock Creek and his love for this type of a trip, that I'm feeling the need to pass this down to my kids.

I love my Dad.  I've always loved my Dad.  I get him.  When you see my Dad in his element, it's a fantastic thing.  He is a completely different person when we are out, camping, and spending quality family time.


I've never been one that was good with words and can never express what I really want to say.  It's not my gift.  And that's okay.  But I hope that at the end of the day, my Dad knows how much he means to me.

He's taught me so much and I think you are a very lucky person to really know my Dad.  He's not the guy that shares his emotions all the time.  Or the guy that is the life of the party.  Or the guy that people say, you know, he's a really nice guy.

And do you know why?  It's because he doesn't let everyone really know him.  He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve and for most, he is hard to read.

But not when he is camping.  When he's actually letting himself take a break from his hard 7 day work week.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, he is the hardest worker I've ever met.  Ever.

And he's done it for his family.  The man loves his family.  He doesn't show it like "normal" people do.  But you know that he does.  And when we are camping, there is nothing better than seeing that in my Dad.

I had the opportunity to go fishing with my Dad and my Mom alone on Saturday morning.  The only thing that could have made it better is if Sean were there.  It's the first time I've spent time alone with my Mom and Dad since having the kids.  And I have my wonderful hubby to thank for that.


To say I'm blessed doesn't even begin to describe it.  Growing up in my shoes was not always the easiest, but now I see that it has made me the woman I am today.  I would never wish for it to end up any other way.  My Dad has made me half of the woman I am today.  My Mom has made me the other half.

Which made me a whole that I can give to my husband.  God works in mysterious ways, but he has a plan.  And that plan is perfect.

There is something about being somewhere majestic like Rock Creek that brings out the best in people.  I can't wait to share with you all the pictures and stories that I have from this trip.

I didn't get to do a photo shoot with the girls, we didn't get to roast marshmallows by the fire and make smores, and we didn't get to really fish with the girls.

But, it was the best trip.  And a much needed trip.

To say it was fun, would be an understatement.


We are home, the motorhome is unpacked and everything is put away.  But we have great memories, and pictures to talk about forever.

Stay tuned for more Rock Creek!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger