Monday, July 18, 2011

The Drive Up

I'm trying to figure out how I should post this vacation because I have a ton of pictures that I want to share.

I guess we can start with the drive.  Because, you know, I had to take pictures in the RV. 

When we took the motorhome to the reunion a while back, I was crazy nervous about taking the kids in it.  Do we use their car seats?  The seat belts at the table?  Let them wander around aimlessly?  Just kidding on that last one.

We decided to just use the seat belts at the table and that worked out good.  Once you get out on that open road, it's a completely different experience then traffic.

So, once we get out of town, the girls like to sleep and play up top.  We have a TV with a DVD player that works out great.  I am the generator nazi though and don't like to run it all the time.  Just ask Tim.  He hates me and my generator restrictions.  I don't care though.  I'm the one that has budgeted the money so that we can even go on the trip in the first place.  Next time it takes 45 minutes to level (with the engine running the ENTIRE time) the dang thing, I'm going to divorce him.  Just kidding again.  Maybe.  That's wasted gas.  I know.  I have a problem.  I'll get better.

Maybe not though, I'm a saver, what can I say.

The girls do so good in the motorhome.  They listen pretty good and I only find myself yelling at them about every 20 minutes.  Just kidding.  Maybe every 21 minutes.

They play well and what I usually have to break up is their newly found wrestling games.  That's not safe in the motorhome.  They love to wrestle, and tackle each other.  I could just see one of them flying off of that top bed so I have to stay on top of them.

I'd hate it for our tour guide to get upset and have to, "pull this rig right over and turn around and go home."


Have I mentioned yet that Tim shaved his head?  Would you like to know what I think about it?  To be nice, I'll just say, it's not my favorite.  He knew this too.  I used to say that Tim would cut his hair shorter on purpose when he is mad at me.  It's true.  But this time I knew he was going to do it.

It's not my favorite.  And he's supposed to keep his hair the way I like it right?  I mean, I'm the one that he is trying to get into bed right?  Is that inappropriate?  Oh well, you can't tell me if it is or not because I took my comments off.  So there.

We ended up picking up a hitch hiker on the way there.  She looked decent and not serial killerish so we let her jump in.  Good thing too because she brought smut magazines with her.


My Dad ended up not driving up until Friday and we left on Thursday.  So we took Mom with us.  It was nice to have some company.  All though she made me serve her.  Sandwiches, beverages, cookies, it was never ending and I'm still recovering from the drive up when I waited on her hand and foot.

And, she can't comment either, so she can't say anything about it.  Ha!


If I remember correctly, we got in around 11:00 or so.  Riley stayed awake the entire time.  Madi had a little nap.  The kids were basically tired the entire time we were up there.  But they still had a lot of fun.  I'll leave you with a sleepy Riley picture I took the next morning.


Stay tuned for The Next Day.  I promise it will be more interesting.

hit counter for blogger
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger