Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pumpkin Bread


Remember how I said that I baked for the fun of it the other day?  And it was melt in your mouth pumpkin bread?

I know you wanted the recipe.  It's good.  Like real good.  Especially if you follow my awesome tip.

The ingredients...


That's flour and sugar in those big containers back there.  I used to buy in bulk.  You know, because of all the baking I used to do not for fun...

What I like about this recipe is that they were not afraid of using spices.  Pumpkin paired with spices is like the perfect relationship.  And it has to be the right amount (in my opinion) of spice to pumpkin in order for the marriage to work.

I don't want to throw my bread out of the house half way through because it's just not working out.  You know?  That would just be awkward.

So first things first, heat up your oven. To 350 degrees.  Oh and before I forget, I found this recipe on Pinterest, which found the recipe from another site.  Which I then went to, found the recipe, printed it off and used it.

Have you been invited to Pinterest yet?  Yeah, it's an invite only kinda thing.  I've been invited.  Of course I think everyone gets invited, but for the record...I got my invitation before you did.  So there.

Anyway, sign up for Pinterest.  And thank me later.

Here are the ingredients...

Ingredients:


2 cups canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)
3 cups sugar
1 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¾ teaspoon ground cloves


Have you turned on your oven yet?

Great.

Next step is to combine your pumpkin, sugar, water, oil and eggs.  Beat it together until well mixed.

After that in a separate bowl, sift together (if you are one of those sifting types.  I'm not.  Because I live on the wild side.  And because I don't believe in sifting.  I've never sifted a day in my life.  And for the record, I've baked a lot of goodies.) flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves.


Then mix the dry with the wet slowly, and beat until smooth.

Now, I don't know about every bread recipe, but this one makes 2 loaves.  Which at first I thought was a lot of bread.  You know, until I couldn't stop eating the first loaf and wondered why on Earth I thought to freeze the second.  When I could be eating it right now.

Anyway, grease your pans and fill with your batter.  Or, if you are like me, grease your one pan fill it, bake it, and then grease it again, fill it with the rest of your batter and bake again.  Oh yeah, and bake it for 60-70 minutes.  Please follow my links if you'd like to see the the recipe.  Credit to blogchef.net for the recipe.


And pull your beautiful bread out of the oven!


I actually came across a lot of recipes for pumpkin bread and I ended on this one because the pictures looked like it was so moist.  And it was.

And here is my trick.  As soon as that bread comes out of the oven, take it out of the pan.  Immediately wrap it with plastic wrap and place on a rack to cool.

Trust me.  Don't let anything you bake (cakes, bread, etc.) cool in the open air.  You will lose moistness.  The wrap will trap your steam.  Trust me.  The one thing people always commented on was the moistness of my cakes.  It's because of my secret that I've now shared with you all.

You're welcome.

And enjoy your bread.  I would have taken a picture of it sliced with some butter but I never got around to it.  I couldn't help myself but devour it before I even put it on a plate.


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger