Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Birthday(s)

Wow, it is birthday central around these parts.

On Tuesday of last week it was the hub's birthday.  37.  Wow.  At least I'm still in my twenties.  Well, at least for another like 4 months and 6 days.  Or something like that.  I promise I'm not counting.

The girls and I decided it would be lovely if we made Daddy some home made cards.  Which we had to get done in 45 minutes.  (Which really meant that I had to get 3 cards done in 45 minutes).

They turned out so cute.  I had the girls each pick a picture out of their princess books to color, that I cut out and put in the cards.  I asked them to please pick masculine pictures, you know of like princes and such.  I think they did pretty good.


While the girls colored their pictures, I did my card first.



Then we did Madi's. 


Do you notice the green and yellow theme we went with?  For the Ducks of course.  But wait, wait...wait for Riley's card...


I tried to tell her that Daddy's don't really have pink as their favorite color. 

Me: "Let's pick a boy color, like blue or green Riley. 
Riley: "Hmmmm...okay how about like purple or something?" 
M:  "Well, that's kind of a girl color too." 
 R:  "Then we should probably do pink then.  I think Daddy will like it.  And we will put it on black.  Cause black is like a boy, dirty color."

I didn't argue.  So we went with pink.  With purple writing.  And Daddy loved it.

That night Tim and I had a little sushi date at our favorite sushi place, RA.  Yum.  Thank you Mom for watching the kids for us!  I tried to get a picture with my phone of the 2 of us but Tim was making weird faces.  It must be a 37 year old thing.  I don't get it.  I'm still young. 

Thanks again to my Mom for watching our beasts.  She's a great lady my Mom.  I was going to have everyone over to the house on Saturday for Tim's birthday and then my Grandma had the idea to celebrate all the birthdays on Saturday.  We have 3 adults with birthdays in October.  So that's what we did.

And we moved it to my Mom's house.  She has that great outdoor kitchen you know so it only made sense.  She is so welcoming to everyone and opens up her home to friends and family all the time.  She loves to have people over and spend time with the ones that she loves.  She's a pretty awesome lady and very giving of herself.  I'm so grateful to have such an awesome Mom and friend.  There is nobody like her.  And she's going to kill me for posting a picture of her on here.

Oops.


Sorry Mom, the mouse made me do it.

And she set a beautiful table.



The menu:

Carne Asada
Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad
Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Sour Cream and Chicken Enchiladas
Mexi-corn with roasted peppers.

It was delicious to say the least.

Oh and all the birthday kids got their own cakes/pies.

Baba - cherry pie
Timmy - pumpkin spice cake with a pumpkin/orange cream cheese frosting
Gi Gi - Coconut cake

78,37,79

You got to have candles

But if we had purchased 194 candles, I think we would have been broke...or possibly started a fire.

;)


Happy birthday's you 3!  It was a fun Saturday!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger