Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Tuesday!



I had Miguel's today.  To say it's a happy Tuesday would be an understatement. 

Of course there have been a few things that I could have done without.  Like the fact that I can no longer change the color on my fun post title fonts so I got rid of them.  Until I can find another way to change them that is.

How do you like my new look?  Is it spooky?  Not too spooky though right?  Like you are shivering in your boots just looking at my background kinda spooky....no?  Just wanted to make sure.

Guess what I did today?  I forgot that it was school picture day.  Whoops!  I know, I'm now one of those mothers.  But Riley gets to make up for it tomorrow.  You know, I filled out my form with the picture package that I wanted and everything, and then just happened to not look at the date of the pictures.

In case you were wondering, I'm still entering myself for the mother of the year award.  Because we at least turned in our homework.  It might have been a day late.  I think I'm a tad bit too honest on this blog huh?  Maybe I should start sugar coating things. 

But that wouldn't be as much fun now would it?

Riley loves doing her homework.  The first day she took some home, we went to blows.  Not really blows, I don't want to scare you anymore than I have with my new background.  We just had words.

I'm learning how to be a teacher okay.  It's hard work this parenting stuff, I tell you.  I'm working on my patience as we speak.

Look at that girl with a #2 pencil in her hand working on her A's.  This is day 2 of homework.  We were much happier that day.  And we listened to Mommy's instructions.  Which made Mommy very happy.



I got some new actions for photoshop.  And I love them.  Of course, I'm still learning what I like and as I go back through these pictures, I don't love them all as much as I did the first time.  Like in the above pic, Riley looks kinda washed out, but I do like the bokeh.

I'll play more.  I did that one photo shoot and I wanted to play with my new actions before I tried them out on editing the photo shoot pictures.


My new actions are really cool, because they came with an option to make my own actions.  Look out, I'm going to learn how to do that next.


Because it's fun, and it's my new hobby.  You know what's funny?  I was so bummed about not doing a photography business like 5 days ago.  And since then, I couldn't be more relieved.  It's funny how things work out the way they are supposed to.  Well, funny isn't exactly the right word. 

I prayed about it.  A lot.  And I didn't really like the answer I got at first.  It made me mad.  But, only 5 days later, I'm so realizing what a mistake it would have been.  Not the right time at all.

That's why I stopped doing the cakes, because of how much time it took away from everything else that I loved.  Like my kids for one.

Oh and cooking.  Which by the way, I baked last night, you know, just for the fun of it.  I made 2 loaves of pumpkin bread, that melts in your mouth.

Don't worry, I'll be sharing the recipe.  But that is for another post.


I know this post is kind of all over the place and you are probably wondering why these pictures are so random.  Like, why is there a picture of a beer in the middle of this post with no explanation as to why it's on here?

I was wondering the same thing.  Don't worry, you are not alone.

I just kinda wanted to chat with you, you know, like have a one sided conversation with my computer.  It's fun that way, but sometimes it gets lonely.


Well, not that lonely.  I wanted to let you know, those that read my blog that don't have a blog or a blog that you keep up with...if you wanted to make sure that you don't miss anything, I put a really cool gadget on the left hand side of my blog.  Put your email address in that baby.  You will get my post updates via email.  My Grandma loves it.  Don't you Grandma?  :)

It says follow by email with a white box.  Use it, and push submit.  Not with your finger though, with your mouse.  I should have said click submit.

I told you, I'm learning how to be a teacher.

So by the time Madi is in school, I'll be pro.


Well, not really pro, just better then what I am now.  And what I am now ain't purty.


And by purty, I mean like Flynn Ryder.  Like when I asked Madi if she thought Flynn Ryder was cute.  And she said, "Yep, he's purty.  Mmmm.  Hmmmm."

I concur Madi.  He's my cartoon crush.

Madi is funny.  She is our little comedian.  I need to start writing down the stuff that she says, because it's hilarious.

So, that's all.  And don't forget to subscribe.  If you do, I'll make sure that I make my posts more enjoyable.  You know, with like humor and stuff.  And I'll keep the honesty stuff going, because you know you like it.

Rush...out!  (You know, like Seacrest out?  I have a confusing last name and just wanted to make sure you understood.  Kapeesh?)

Happy Tuesday!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger