Friday, October 21, 2011

Psshhh...Three Year Olds

3 year olds know what they want when they want it.

"I want Sleeping Beauty on right now.  Go get my blankie and some chocolate milk."

Hmmmm....really?  First of all, where is the please?  And second, um, when do you get chocolate milk on demand?  And I see you've parked your little hiney on the sofa...that's not where we drink our chocolate milk.

3 year olds are big enough to get out of bed, pitter patter to the bathroom, go pee pee, and head back to bed (without heading to her sister's room to wake her up)

3 year olds are smart.  Or at least smarter then me.

3 year olds are funny. 

Me: "Okay, it's time to go."
Madi:  Grabs her essentials, the blankie, the sippy cup of juice and says, "Let's do this man!"  And heads out the door, strutting.

3 year olds think every sentence should begin with "Get me..."
(we are still working on, will you please get me...)

3 year olds don't want to snuggle anymore when you read them a story.  They get their own chair, and don't stop talking the entire time you read a story.  But don't worry, I will be forcing that child to snuggle me for story time.  In a nonthreatening type of way of course.

3 year olds bend their bodies in ways that it's impossible for you to pick them up.  I call this....'The Noodle', and Madi has it down.

3 year olds steal everything they can from their sister and "hide" the treasures in their beds....by laying on top of them.

3 year olds want to have a big girl car seat, like their sister does.

3 year olds find a way to turn off their listening skills and can get lost if you don't pay attention to them.  "Madison, let's go" sounds like, "wah wah wah wah."

3 year olds brush their teeth by themselves.

3 year olds repeat everything their sister says. 

3 year olds have a hard time sharing, and think stealing and running is the answer.

3 year olds have an unbelievable imagination.  They take make believe dresses that are invisible and hanging in the air, away from their sister.  And that makes their sister, Riley, cry.  And makes Mommy question why Riley doesn't just pull another imaginary dress from the air and say, "so there."  Hello? It's imaginary...you can pull as many imaginary things out of the air as you want.  Oop, look at that, I just pulled a Miguel's Burrito out of the air and ate it in one bite.

3 year olds are fast.  3 year olds scream out in anger.

3 year olds color on everything if you don't watch their every move.  I have the walls to prove it.

3 year olds are not too big to snuggle up with their Mommy under a nice fluffy blanket.
3 year olds still love kisses and hugs.
3 year olds love and kiss on their sister, even if her sister wasn't very nice.
3 year olds tell you that they love you.
3 year olds still need you to hold them when they get hurt and be their to protect them.
3 year olds can make you love them even more then you thought you loved 2 year olds.
3 year olds are a gift.
3 year olds make you a better person.

I couldn't imagine my life without my little 3 year old.

Happy birthday to my Madison Reagan.  I love you more than words can say.  You test me, you drive me crazy, you make me laugh daily, you have softened my heart, you have tested my patience, you have loved me, you are a gift from God that I will always hold close to my heart.

I love you and am so proud of the little girl you are becoming.  And I'm trying hard to hold back my tears.  I love to watch you get older and grow, but I want to bottle you up right now and keep you this age forever.

You will always be my baby girl.





 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger