Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Boo!
(sorry I couldn't help myself, it is Halloween you know.)

Boy am I glad we squeezed this in!  And I'm happy to say that after seeing everyone's pictures of their pumpkins on Facebook last night, we were not the only ones that "saved" it for the last minute!

Usually we have a pumpkin carving contest.  But we didn't have the usual faces in town to do that.  So it was just Tim, me and the girls.

We had a good time.

It almost didn't happen because Tim had to go to 3 different stores on his way home from work yesterday to find some.  I had asked for 4, and after store 2 I was thinking we'd be carving watermelons instead!

But he found us 4, and we got to work.

Riley picked Ariel for her pumpkin and Daddy helped.  I helped Madi with her choice, of Cinderella.


 Madi did a great job helping me carve, and Riley did a great job of cleaning off the top of her pumpkin.

Neither one wanted to clean out their pumpkins.  They get this from me.  I even tried this year to clean out my own.  The feeling of the pumpkin guts in my hands completely grosses me out, to the point of gagging.  I know, it's bad.


On a side note, I always hate editing pumpkin pictures.  There is just so much orange.  I like orange, but not that much orange.  Probably why I got sick of my Halloween background so quickly.
 
Back to the carving...

My choice was between Captain Hook and Malificent.  The girls wanted Captain Hook so that's what I did!

Tim did his own thing as usual.  Last year he did an "O" for the Ducks.  This year he did something a little different.  And if you are familiar with our little situation, you will get a big kick out of it.  Thank you everyone for your prayers!  His first day is today and he is super excited.  What a fabulous opportunity that God has given him.

Should I get right to it? 

Should I get to those pictures of our fabulous pumpkins?

Alright, you twisted my arm....



Happy Halloween everyone!  Be safe tonight and enjoy trick-or-treating with your families!  We'll be heading out around the neighborhood and the family is coming over to watch our little Rapunzel, and Cinderella have a great evening!



 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger