Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Tim!

It's my hunny's birthday today.

He is 37.

What?  I know, he looks like a 30 year old.  He has good genes.  He is 8 years older then me, did you know that?  I like old men.  And apparently he robs the cradle.

I love him so much.  Every day that passes I love him more.  He is the most amazing husband.  He's there for me when I need him.  He's my best friend.  I'm so proud of the man that he has become and I know one day our kids will look up to him in so many ways.


When I thought about finding the right guy I knew I wanted someone that would be a great father.  I definitely dated.  But there were few that I would consider being a great Dad.  Dating, yuck, it sucked.  I thought I was never going to find someone good enough, that I might just have to settle.



Until I met Tim.  You know how they say when you know, you know?  Well I knew with Tim.  Maybe not the first time we met (it was kinda awkward).  But a few months after that when we weren't forced to meet it was awesome.  I didn't fight it, he didn't fight it.  I liked him a lot (butterflies, smiling 24/7) by week one.  And I loved him by week 2.  And he felt the same.

It was so easy.  I remember asking him if it was really this easy.  He told me it was.  And now he is 37, and I'm more in love with that man now then I was in that 2nd week.

I thank his parents for raising such a great man and father.  I'm so blessed, sometimes it's hard to believe that God has blessed me in this way.  This is all I really ever wanted, to have a husband that I love, kids that we adore and a house to call home.

My hubby gave me all that.

I wish I had tons of money so that I could surprise him on his birthday with a 10 day vacation to Hawaii.  Did you know he lived there for a few years?  And we had wanted to get married on the beach there?  But, we don't have that kind of money just hanging around so he'll have to settle for dinner and some hand made cards from his kids and a gift from me.

But you know what, he'll love it just the same.

Happy birthday to the love of my life.  I thank God for you.  I'm so proud of you.  And I'm so grateful that I get to call you mine.

I love you.



 Oh and just for the record, you are pretty dang handsome too.

:) 


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger