Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Undies and Dinner



Have I told you that one of my most favorite things about blogging is the titles?  And have I told you lately how much I'm enjoying blogging again?

It's wonderful.

And have I told you that I'm no longer taking cake orders?

And how good it feels?

Well, I may or may not get into it in another post as to why but it really doesn't matter.  What matters is how happy I am that I'm not doing cakes anymore.  And how much stress has been lifted off my shoulders.

I get to be "normal"!!  Hee hee!

So about those undies.  Guess who's sportin' them now?


Still no guesses? Really?  I can't believe that the pink blankie didn't give it away.

Should I give you a hint?

It's this girl...


We've been arguing about it for a week.  Last week, she did dukey (twice) and pee pee (twice) on the potty in one day.  So we headed to Target to pick out some new undies.

The next day was bad.

The day after that...worse.

M&M's could not fix our problem.

Two nights ago, I changed her crib, to a toddler bed.



Since then, that girl has been strutting around the house telling anyone that will listen that she has a big girl bed.

And that she wears undies now.  Like a big kid.

And she does her business in the potty, the way it was meant to be, with no accidents.

Score 1 for Mommy.

So about that dinner.  Most of you know that Tim, on a good day, gets off at 6:00 pm and then doesn't get home until 7:00, or later.  And that's a good day.

So we never, never get to have dinner together as a family.  The weekends are too short so we do very easy dinners or go out to eat.  We just never sit down at the table, the four of us, all together.  To share our stories about the day.

Well that my friends, is going to change.  Tim accepted a new position closer to town.  We are very, very excited about this and I'll share more with you in a couple of months.  I'd love to spill it all out right now but I want to wait and make sure everything pans out the way it's supposed to.  I will tell you, that it is exciting.

So guess what time Tim got home tonight?  6:00 pm.  He called to tell me around 4:45 what time he would be home so I ran downstairs to see what I had in the fridge to throw together for our "first" family dinner together.

Have I mentioned that I haven't really been cooking?  And that I am in desperate need of the grocery store?

So I went with...


Have you guessed yet?  We had grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I know, I know, it's a little hot for soup.  But I blasted the air so it's fine.

Check out my grilled cheese super station.



I'm the boring one that had that grilled cheese on wheat instead of potato.  Boring.


Riley had helped me set the table as quickly as possible.  She's such a good helper.

I ran upstairs while Riley was setting our table to grab the camera and I came back down to screaming. "No Madi, stop it, that's sooo gross...Mommy, come look what Madi did."



Really?  I took these out to cut up for dinner.  She's been taking bites of apples, chewing it up, and then spitting it out.  She chewed up and spit out an entire apple the other day.  I don't know how I didn't notice, but I didn't see what was happening until I had a pile of chewed up apples on the table.  Yuck.

Tim got home soon after this incident so we sat down to eat.  But not without a prayer first, something about giving thanks, and family, and please help Madi stop chewing up and spitting out apples.  Amen.


The girls were loving having Daddy home so early.  Most nights they go to bed before he gets home.  So this was definitely a treat.

But not a treat that was too good for a fit.  Thrown by none other then...


Madi.  That girl.

But it wasn't anything that Daddy and an airplane spoon couldn't fix.



Does life get any better then undies and airplane spoons?

I didn't think so.


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger