Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

I was going to post about the party that my Mom threw for my Grandpa on Saturday but she did such a beautiful job on it, there is nothing else to say.  Please go and read it, it's great, click here!

The only thing I will share with you about that is the bbq chicken salad I made.  Have you had the one from BJ's?  My Mom and I have been sharing this salad the last couple of times we've gone.  It's so good.  So we recreated it.

And I'm so proud to say, I made those onion rings.  So easy, and so yummy.  Next time I make them, I'll post how I did it.  I had taken a million pics when I was making them only to see that I didn't have a memory stick in the camera.  Woops. :)


Last night we were invited for a birthday glass of champagne and cake at my Grandpa's for his actual birthday.

We never decline an invite to a party.


GiGi made the girls some very yummy icecream cones while we were there.  I think it's safe to say that they enjoyed them.  And yes, that is dinner on Riley's face from home.  No, I did not clean her up after dinner.  Yes, I have given up on the mother of the year award.




My Grandpa is such a nice guy.  He always has a smile on his face, and he's always the first to give you a hug and say hello.  This man loves his family.


And knows how to celebrate a birthday!  Two pineapple upside down cakes in 4 days?  And 2 parties?  And the phone didn't stop ringing the entire time we were there with friends and family wishing him a happy birthday.


And the dining table was filled with birthday cards.

Happy 80th Grandpa!  Cheers to many, many more!  We love you bunches!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger