Thursday, August 11, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, and Man! I'm Behind.

My friend April (April, I hope you don't mind me calling you my friend, all though we've never met in person, I feel like I know you...about that wine ;) is doing this great photo challenge and I thought it would be fun to join in.  It's not a contest by any means but it's one of those things that really make you think about the pictures you are taking.

Here are the "rules"



I started on Sunday and I'm kind of a day behind, but I'm sure I'll catch up over the weekend.

Day 1:  A photo of yourself.


Let me tell you, at first, I tried to just get a picture of myself, like in the mirror.  But that was boring.  And I didn't look good from any angle.  I mean seriously.  From.  Any.  Angle.  I get it, I'm not photogenic.  Whatev.  Thank God I'm behind the camera right?

So on Sunday (last Sunday), we were all hanging out at my Mom and Dad's pool (and when I say I'm behind - like in the title - I took over 400 pictures that day and haven't had a moment to post them, well not all of them, but at least a few) I was sitting by the pool and notice my reflection in my Mom's sun glasses.  So I snapped.  I normally wouldn't, but I did it because of the photo challenge.

It didn't turn out really good, I mean my whole head was cut off.  So I think my Mom mentioned that Tim's glasses would be better because they are mirrored.  So as I was snapping, I thought, how cool.  Not only is this a picture of me, but it's a reflection of me in my hubby's eye.  This is an awesome photo.  I love it.  And I'm going to share a message I got from my friend Becky when I posted this on Facebook.  Sorry Becks, didn't ask for your consent, but I don't think you will mind.  And if you do, tell me, I'll think about taking it off ;)

Interesting self portrait. I like it....... Hmmm. Let me go all college on you..... "what kristi has done here is portrayed herself in a reflection. Does she see herself as a reflection of her husband? Or perhaps her reflection is what she portrays to others- yet is the apple of her husbands eye." " or perhaps- she sees herself as small, as to really see her is to get up close and personal and really stare at the picture." "or maybe she chooses to be hidden, protecting herself until she can really trust someone."



Anyways I thought your picture spoke more than just being a picture. Hope u don't mind me playing college student again...:) I like pictures that make me think... :)


Loved this message.  Thank you Becky for taking the time to play all college student.  I'm glad that you got it!

Day 2:  A photo of what you wore today.


What I was trying for here is a trail of clothing leading to my room.  Because the challenge said, "of what you wore", not of "what you are wearing".  At first, I was thinking a pile of my clothes on the floor would work.  But the more I thought about it, I thought for a romantic picture, I'd do a trail of clothes leading to my bedroom.  I got the idea from a country song.  I think the title is, "Who are You When I'm not Looking."

It's so romantic, a trailing of your clothes to the bedroom.  And I'm not going to lie, that is kind of the way the evening ended.  For Tim and I.  Hey, at least I'm happy okay.  Did I share too much?  I know my kids will think so when they read my blog one day.  But at least they will know how happy their Dad has made me. :)

Day 3:  A photo of your favorite place.


I think this photo speaks for itself.  I'm happiest when I'm with my Tim (did you see the last photo?).  Sitting in front of the TV watching our shows, pausing every 5 minutes to talk to each other about what we are watching, or something we forgot to tell each other about our days, or to just tell each other we love you and share a kiss.

I could have shared a picture of the beach, or Rock Creek, or our house.  But this is my happiest place.  With my husband.  No matter where we are.

Day 4:  A photo from a high angle.


I'm not going to lie.  For this picture, I was wishing we lived somewhere like New York City.  So I could be in a high rise, and take a really cool picture.  But honestly, I'm just happy that I live in a 2 story home.  So that I could actually get day 4 taken care of! 

I think it turned out cool though.  'Home Sweet Home' with my kiddos underneath it.  Those kids make it a home.  Like no other.  I love them so much.

I was going to wait until I had day 5 taken care of but I couldn't wait.  Plus I wanted to do a post but not edit all those photos I took last Sunday.

I promise I will get to those.  They are pretty cool, because someone learned how to swim.  Without floaties.

I'm so proud.





 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger