Monday, August 22, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge, Days 5-11

Let me start off by saying, I'm alone.  I think I'm the only one doing this challenge now.  I've even had a few people say that they want to do it with me.  But then they don't.

And I'm sad.

Because nobody wants to play with me.

So blogger friends, feel free to join in.  If you want to.  Here are the rules again...just in case you feel like playing.




Day 5:  A photo of whatever you please.


In case you can't tell, those are sprinkles from a Cookie Monster cupcake that the girls got at Dizzy Desserts.

I had, taken pictures of a glass of red wine with a white background, they turned out really cool.  But when I turned off my camera, they were gone.  Once again, this bonehead forgot to put a memory stick in my camera.  What is wrong with me?  It's like I have pregnancy brain.

Anyway, I took this picture as a back up.  It's not my favorite, but I like the hot pink plate in the background on the white table cloth with the bright blue sprinkles.  I like the color.

Day 6:  A photo from a low angle.


I took this one at my Grandpa's birthday party.  While we were eating dinner.  I just think it's a fun picture.  I just took it from my seat, in the middle of bites.  Because the food was so good, and I couldn't stop stuffing my face.  I was like, oh, hey, a photo from a low angle for the challenge...mmm...these ribs are delicious...mmm...one more bite....anyone have a wet nap?...snap...mmm where are my ribs...so good...hope that picture turned out okay...mmmm...:)

Day 7:  A silhouette photo.


So long story about this one.  It is Day 7, but I didn't take it until last night.  I had plans to get a picture of Riley's bike in the street with her helmet either hanging from the handlebars or laying on the street.

Well, let's just say, the sun sets behind the mountains so you can't really get a good silhouette of something so low to the ground in Corona.  Well, at least I couldn't.  I even tried a couple of spots, over a few days.  So, I knew in order to get a silhouette, it would have to be of a tree or something.

So, as we were pulling into our neighborhood last night, the sky looked so beautiful and vibrant that I thought, it's either now or never.  Tim pulled over so that I could get out of the car.  How sweet is he?  Actually he told me, get out of the car and take it.  I was just doing to take it through the window!  I'm glad he "made" me do it!

I think it's a pretty picture, mostly because of those vibrant colors. 

Day 8:  A photo of something close-up.


That's as close up as I can get with the lenses that I have.  What I really like about this one is the juice on the white board.  And it's a lemon, in case you were wondering.

And an old lemon.  Not like grossly old, just older than I'd like.  I had to do some editing to make it look a little fresher then it was.

Day 9:  A photo of something from a distance.


I took this at my Grandpa's house, when we celebrated his birthday for the second time.  I have to say, most of these pictures actually have something to do with my Grandpa!

This picture was fun, I thought about it on the way over to my Grandma's.  I knew we'd all end up on the patio out back.  We always do, and my Grandma's yard is so pretty.

Of course it's not from a long distance, but the rules didn't give me a measurement, like take a picture from a distance, from at least 250 feet away.  So there.

I like it, but it's of my family, and you all know how much I love my family.

Day 10:  A photo of whatever you please.


My Grandpa's cane.  (I told you these pictures were all about him...but you didn't believe me did you?)

I love, love, love this picture.  I don't know why either.  I think it might be that stunning brick fireplace in the background.  Or the rug under the cane.  Or just the way it's resting on the furniture.  Or maybe it's everything all wrapped up in one.  I like it.

Day 11: A black and white photo.


You might be telling yourself that you've seen this picture before.  I posted it a while back.  I thought I'd use it for the challenge.  I love this picture.

Time Lines.

Hope you enjoyed my pictures!  If you join in on the fun, let me know.  It helps you become a little more creative I think.  And you try to out-do yourself.  Which gets old around Day 5, so you stop trying to out-do yourself and just have fun with it.

Try it.  You'll like it.


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger