Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good times with Cousins

What a great weekend we had!  Tim's cousin Brian and his wife Nicola and daughter Paige came to visit us and Disneyland!!  They got in Thursday night, I desperately tried to get my cakes and cookies done before they got here but wanted to make sure the house was in order first.  You all know how long it takes to do that when kids mess it up right behind you!!  Well I didn't get done but they stayed up and we visited the night away while I continued on into the wee hours of the night.  A few of the cakes...




Friday the cousins headed to Disney while Tim worked and I finished my cakes.  My pick ups were for 5:30 on Friday so after those were off, we all headed back down to have dinner at El Torrito off of Ball where we met Tim and after a very long dinner (thanks to our waiter) we got to Disneyland pretty late!  The girls did okay, but if you know my kids, after 8:00 pm, they are soooo ready for bed, and if you know me, you know that I'm ready for them to be in bed by 6:30 pm.  They did pretty good though, no complaints.  My brother's sound proof box idea would have come in handy though...

I didn't take many pictures that night, just a few that looked like this...


Saturday Tim had to work for a bit, shock, so we went out to breakfast with the kids.  Good times down at the old Chuck Wagon.  Seriously, best breakfast ever, and it's not bad when you throw a little bloody mary in on the action!  Nicola and Brian are so awesome, and their daughter Paige is one of the prettiest little girls, just gorgeous.  I really enjoyed their company this past weekend.  They are my type of people.  Just ready to go with the flow and have a good time no matter what.  After a great breakfast we decided to drive down to the car show that Tim had to be at for work to kidnap him.  We didn't do much kidnapping though, it was fun to just walk around and see all the cool stuff.

We took some beauty queens with us.

Can you tell that these two were inseparable?

Cotton candy anyone?

We ran into something that Daddy painted...

So guess what?  After days of taking pictures, I didn't realize that one of my girls licked my lens and there was this disgusting film on it that turned up in all my pictures.  Always a good time!!  You'll be able to spot it I'm sure!

And Sunday?  Disney again, this time we got to see a few princesses.  Some princesses we brought with us though.


We tried to get the 3 of them to pose together but Riley was throwing a bit of an emotional fit so Madi tried to be as Princess like as Paige.
Not bad Madi!

We also got 2 faces painted.

Thanks again guys for coming out to visit!  We can't wait to come out and see you!

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger