Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Points by Bullet

  • I completely broke my lens the other day.  The one that was kind of broken is now completely broken.  I dropped it.  I thought it was attached to my camera (I was in a rush trying to take pics of the cake I had to deliver) and it wasn't and crashed to the ground.  I will be shopping on ebay, thinking maybe I can find a used camera as well to have as a "trash" camera. 
  • Getting ready for our Oregon trip by way of plane and by way of mother who has a big problem paying for checked baggage.  Meaning we will look like a circus with all of our carry ons.  I'm going to look at flying with 2 kids as an adventure.  Maybe there will be another short story in the works.
  • I can't find cute clothes for the kids anywhere.  I've been to Old Navy, Target, Kohls, Ross, Gymboree, and Children's Place.  Yuck is all I can say.  The girls have no clothes.  They look like homeless children and the weather has turned.  Any clothing store suggestions?  I'll take them.
  • I'm loving my coffee in the morning in this cool weather.
  • I decorated a bit for Halloween.  Just the porch, with Riley.  She's really into it this year!  I love Halloween, it's one of my favorites and if I can get Riley to go with it, I have great costume ideas for the girls!
  • My Mom's DWTS party was awesome.  I had so much fun.  Yes, I still like the Situation.
  • I'm debating on having Soozi (my hairdresser) put some reddish highlights/lowlights???  I have no idea about this kind of stuff....in my hair tomorrow.  What do you think?  Think it would be a good change?  I might stick with my darkness for another six weeks before I make a decision. 
  • This past weekend, Sean watched the kids for us while we watched the Ducks play in their biggest game yet this season.  Ducks (#4) played Stanford (#9) and won!  Which means that they've moved up to #3 in the polls.  Tim is beside himself.  I have become a huge Duck fan.  It was a pretty easy switch though, Kentucky's football team has never been very good.  Sorry Dad but I think UCLA has gone down to #2 in my fav's.  The hubby has my full support.
  • Tim's birthday is coming up on October 11th.  He will be 37.  Yes, I married an old man.  When we started dating I thought for sure he was no older than 27 at the time.  He looks like a baby.  Anyway, I have a great big surprise for him on his birthday.  I can hardly wait to give it to him.  I could probably tell you all what it is because he NEVER looks at the blog.  Ever.  He's not a fan.  But, I'll hold back and tell you on the 12th, just in case...
  • Madi's birthday is coming up and we've been discussing possible themes.  And by we I mean me and Riley and I mean we've been discussing possible themes for Riley's birthday.  She wants princess and wants me to make her one of those awful doll cakes.  I hate those.  I don't know why I do, but for my kid I'll suck it up and make her one.  Now I just need an idea for Madi's party.
  • I love that every time I turn on my TV I have a long list of recordings now.
  • Can't wait to have our first fire.
  • I'm very excited about the bunco group one of the other ladies on my street and I are starting.  First bunco is scheduled at my house in December, it should be a fun time and we have a great group started.
  • There will be no pictures to accompany this post, like I said, the lens broke.  I'm hoping that maybe my Mom will let me borrow her lens for our Oregon trip this coming weekend.  Maybe she'll read this and think it's a really good idea.  Please, please, please....  I'll take really good care of it, I promise...
  • I hope you are all enjoying this nice cool weather, until next time...
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger