Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Carving Contest

There was once a day when my family silently competed with each other when it came to anything artistic. We would joke around about whose sugar cookie was decorated the best or who could color the best egg for Easter, and it was all in good fun. Then, Tim Rush joined the family. From the time Tim decorated his first Christmas sugar cookie with the family, we have all felt the need to out do him. It's almost like my whole family against Tim because he is so artistic, except Tim always wins. So this Halloween, Sean and Tim had a pumpkin carving contest, we have yet to decide the winner. It started out as let's carve pumpkins with Riley and ended with my husband going to Michaels to pick up some ceramic tools to get just the look he wanted on his pumpkin. Riley barely joined in on the fun, she was more worried about where her other Elmo slipper was.



The set up



Trying to get Riley to touch the pumpkin guts, she wanted nothing to do with the guts.


Where is Melmo? That's how Riley says Elmo.

The competition begins

Riley decided she wanted in on the action and helped Mommy carve her pumpkin





Riley loves her pumpkin


Riley's finished happy pumpkin

Tim's finished skull pumpkin



Sean's finished Frankie, having a beverage


Riley's, Tim's, and Sean's all finished!!
And last but not least, Madison, the lazy thing, slept the night away on Pop Pop.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger