Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby Shower

This past weekend, I made a cake and cookies for another one of my mom's friends Donna Pidgeon. It was for her daughter Sheryl's first baby shower for baby Leo. Donna had a vintage theme going for the shower and everything was picture perfect. She wanted the cake to also have a vintage feel and her only request was that I put the radio flyer wagon on top as the cake topper. I had so much fun making this cake and it turned out to be one of my favorites. The top tier actually has vintage buttons on it. The cake itself consisted of two tiers, each tier a four layer yellow cake with chocolate ganache filling. I wish I could have stayed at the shower longer because I'd been dying to eat a piece of the cake.

The cake


Donna set up an old train complete with the tracks on the cake table, I think it turned out so cute.


Here are just a couple of the cookies that I made

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger