Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Last Twenty Years

So my mother tagged me with this thing. I have not lived that long to have such an interesting post as my mother, but I will do the best that I can. I really can't even remember what happened yesterday so this might be a challenge, I'm sure I will be referencing my mother's post just to see where I was living when. So let's do this:

"20 Years Ago"

I was six. I should leave it at that because who remembers anything when they are six right? Okay, I was living in Chino, CA. Hamilton Court to be exact, that's pretty good huh? My sister was eight and she tried to kill me all the time. My brother was two and I really don't remember him doing much at that age. I remember my best friend was a pound kitten, tabby in color. I loved that thing and I could not find it when we moved.

One of the best memories I have of being six was Santa would come to visit my family on Christmas Eve to give us all pajamas, he still does by the way. He knocks on the door and drops them off while we would run to see if we could catch him. Well, I almost caught him once, stupid red, fluffy, Santa made a mistake and came inside on accident, he must have been drinking that night. A man's got to do something to keep warm!!! I ran after him as fast as I could, but I did not catch him. Maybe next year I thought to myself.

One of the worst memories I have of being six was my dear sister Stacy, me, and all the kids from the street walked down a block to the icecream store to get some cones. I thought I was so old and cool walking with all these older girls, I was having the time of my life. Anyway, we get to the icecream store and everyone orders their cone. We sit around this circular table and chit chat. One of the girls says to everyone, "Who here listens to Pirate Radio?" Everyone raises their hand, as do I. My sister, whom I love dearly, looks me dead in the face and says, "Kristi, you don't even own a radio." Everyone started laughing like they had never heard anything so funny before in their life. I cried. And cried. And cried some more. Can I tell you, I've never been so embarrassed in my life. I love her, Stacy, I really do.

I think I teared up just writing that.


"15 Years Ago"

I was 11 and in sixth grade. My teacher was Ms. Abbatt. She was known for picking her nose, but enough about her. It was my second year of playing softball for CGSA. I would have been a ballerina, but my mom thought softball would be better. Whatever, I would have been the tallest ballerina in the world, could have been famous you know. Anyway, other then that, we lived in Riverside and my best friend in the whole world was Chantel Whitlock. I was also president of my track, B Track to be exact. I was so cool, or so I thought. I think I also got stitches this year because of my dear, loving sister. It was her fault by the way, no matter what she says, she said she tried to catch me but I remember it differently. She dropped me on an icecream bowl. I'm seeing a pattern with icecream that I've never seen before. Hmm. Mental note, Don't eat icecream with Stacy anymore. Our house in Riverside was the best and looked great with Christmas decorations. I miss that house, if my parents still owned it, I'd want to buy it from them. My brother, sister, and I got along pretty well. I remember when we would fight, it was usually either me and Stacy against Sean, or me and Sean against Stacy. If for some reason, it was Stacy and Sean against me, I wouldn't take it. I knew how to get them to stop. I'd go into the kitchen and make an egg salad sandwich just for me. They can't stand the smell so I'd just stay in the kitchen with my stink of hard boiled eggs. Ah, those were the days.


"10 Years Ago"

I was sixteen years old. I had a license, and am proud to say that I almost beat my sister (who is 2 years older then me) to it. I was playing Volleyball at Corona High School and for Impact (club). I had started to get letters from colleges all wanting me to play for their teams. It was the coolest thing ever. Let's see, my best friends in the whole world were Crystal Merrick and Danielle Tucker. We had so much fun together until Crystal moved to Washington, it was really sad. I don't really remember much else, I was a pretty good kid and never got into any trouble....that comes later. I had numerous crushes on numerous boys but never had the nerve to do anything about it. I remember how care free my life was, all I had to worry about was what I was going to wear. Hold on a sec while I remember. Okay I'm back. Shall we go on to the next one?


"5 Years Ago"

I was 21 - hell yeah!!!!!! I was legal to drink all though I had been drinking for 3 years before that with my sister's ID. Love you Stacy!! I was in Kentucky playing volleyball for the Wildcats, and it was a lot of fun, except for the fact that my coach was a crazy biotch. I have many stories from this time in my life, but my mom reads my blog and I don't think she would really want to know everything that happened at this point in my life!! Anyway, my best friend in the whole world was still Crystal Merrick, all though, I met Kristen Batt in college, and her and I were definitely best friends as well and still are. We had some awesome times in college. I had never had so much fun before, we went to parties, spring break, everything. But don't worry, you will never see us on a girls gone wild video. I never signed the release...hahahahaha. Just kidding mom!! Anyway, those were fun times. I'll never forget my Kentucky days. I'll also never forget that when I would come home to visit, my mom would try to give me a curfew of ten o' clock, seriously, crazy person, I'm 21.


"3 Years Ago"

I was 23 and was back in Corona working for my mom and dad and living in an apartment. I started dating Tim and knew from day one that he was the one for me. I love him so much. Aside from the good parts, there were many bad. My papa passed away in October and at the same time, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. We had a really rough time and I still miss my papa so much. I know he is in heaven painting the skies. Every time I see a pretty sunset, I know my papa had a hand in it!! Okay, tearing up. My mom fought breast cancer like it was nothing. She slapped it in the face and said, I don't think so. She is so strong and I look up to her, she is a great mom. Plus she is fun to drink with, she has what our family calls the hollow leg and she was kind enough to pass it down to me. Thanks mom!! I love you so much. It's funny how when she tagged me with this, I thought it was the dumbest thing, but I'm having such a good time with it!!


"2 Years Ago"

Many, many things happened. I was 24 and Tim and I got married in my parents' backyard, it was beautiful. We also had Miss Riley Rose Rush who I love with all of my heart. I never thought a child could bring so much joy into my life. Tim too, but that's different. I had such a good year and my Grandma let Tim and I move in with her so that we could save money for a house. She is so great to let us intrude on her peacefullness. Little did she know, we would STILL BE THERE!!! Hahaha, she doesn't know it, but we plan to stay for FOREVER!! Just kidding. This was probably the best year of my life. Nothing could compare to this year. I was so blessed in many different ways.


"1 Year Ago"

Riley took over my life. I also became an aunt for the first time. Stacy had darling little Isabella, she is the prettiest thing.


"This Year"

We found out I am pregnant again with baby number 2, totally unexpected but very exciting. We thought we lost her there for a bit, but she is growing like a weed, and should be ready to meet us around October 27th. We can't wait. We are looking for a house to call our own but nothing has happened yet. Hopefully soon. I guess we won't be in Grandma's house forever.


"Yesterday"

I went to work and made a delicious dinner. I got another cake order for my business, Your Sugar Rush, which is doing really well. I've got a ton of orders coming up.


"Today"

I am still at work because my daughter fell asleep at ten till five. I went to the doctor with Riley. I'm anxious to go home.


"Tomorrow"

I will win the lottery and buy gifts for my entire family. I will also try to put Riley to bed for her second nap a little earlier so that I'm not at work till 7:00!!!



With that said, I now tag Crystal Pearson.
 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger