Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Fate of a Camera

I should not be posting right now.  I'm supposed to be cleaning and packing up the motorhome because we are leaving for Rock Creek on Thursday.

I can't wait.  Three days.  Three days, of fishing.  Well, kind of, two and a half.  But still.  I can't wait.

It will be our first "real" trip in the motorhome.  An actual camping trip.  All though, Riley told me that sleeping in the motorhome is not camping.  It's only camping if you sleep in a tent.

Hmm.

So far it's been a pretty good weekend.  It started on Friday when I went to lunch with my Mom and Baba.  I love Fridays.

Riley has been taking her camera around everywhere.  But I think all of her pictures are coming out with a bit of blurry skin color in the corner.  I just can't figure out why.


I've been enjoying my camera lately.  I tend to put it down for weeks at a time because it gets to be a bother.  I feel like I have to take pictures of everything.  But then I pick it back up and I remember how fun it is.  How great it feels to look through my lens and snap a great picture, and freeze time.


It has been great learning about what it can do.  And how to do it.  And how to get the shot you want.


But then, just then, when you have fallen back in love with your camera.  It does something.  It does something unspeakable.

Something that makes you want to curl up in the fetal position and bawl your eyes out.


You can feel it happening.  It happened once before when I first received my camera in the mail.  I started playing with it.  I had giddy excitement.  And then.  I got.  The warning.

This time, I just knew it was happening.  The shutter release was abnormally s..l..o..w... And instead of maybe turning off my camera and giving it a break, or something, I pressed my shutter release button again.  And then.  It happened.


That is the last picture my camera took.  And then it gave me the warning: Error.  Press shutter release button again.

So I did.

And nothing.  I called Nikon.  We tried to reset it.  Nothing.

It's going to have to go in, and get some work done.  Hopefully, it's not completely broken.  I don't know what I will do.

Last time it happened they just had me return it and get a new one.  I think that is because it was only a day old.


I called another camera place to see how long it would take to get it fixed.  2-4 weeks.  I need it for this weekend.  How am I going to go up to Rock Creek and take pictures without my camera?  I was planning on doing a little photo shoot with the girls too.

It's the perfect setting.  I was looking forward to it.  And now, I have nothing.  Nothing.  I even thought about buying another one today just to have something.

But that would be silly.  And expensive.  And I would have to research them.  Because they don't make the D60 anymore.

Sigh.

It's a sad day.  But my Nikon girl will be sent off to the repair guys in hopes to be fixed, or sent to the camera graveyard.

And I will be without.

Tim offered to steal me one.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Until then, I'll stare at the last real picture my camera took.  And hope that it's not the last.


Alright, enough moping.  I have to go out and get something done in that motorhome before Tim gets back from work! 

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger