Friday, May 15, 2009

Fireman Cake

This was a simple cake that I did for yesterday for a guy that graduated from the Fire Academy. I wanted to make it manly so why not do flames? And what better background for flames to really stand out then black? So, this is his cake. The flames I did freehand out of fondant and painted luster dust on the tips and body and everything else is buttercream, except for the ladder, that's fondant as well. The flames on this cake look so cool in person. Tim was proud of my flames so I knew I did a good job!! This was a really fun cake to do. Man cakes are harder for me than feminine cakes because your design style is limited. So I was very pleased with the outcome.


A couple shots of the flames, can you tell I'm proud of myself?


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger