Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Pumpkin Patch!

The Sunday before Halloween, we packed up the kids and drove down to the pumpkin patch to pick out our pumpkins to carve.

Usually, I buy our pumpkins at the grocery store for cheap, but this year, we thought we would head to one of the churches in town to support their pumpkin patch.

It was small, and didn't have much for entertainment, but it was so nice.  I prefer this kind of pumpkin patch.  Where they don't rape your wallet for tickets and tokens.  It reminds me of the kind of patch I went to as a kid.

And I still owe my Mom for our pumpkins.  Don't worry Mom, I've got a check for you :)

The girls were very excited when we got there.


There were so many pumpkins, they really didn't know what to do.  It reminded me of picking out pumps as a kid.  Stacy would pick the long, orphan looking thing, Sean would pick out the biggest one he could find, and I would find the most perfectly plump and round pumpkin possible.


The sun was just right for some pretty shots.  I love this time of day, where the sun is just low enough to add a glow and sparkle to the pictures, but not too low to try to be the center of attention.



Did you get a good look at Riley's teeth?  We've been trying to get them out of her face for weeks now.  She refuses to wiggle, or mess with them.  I've never known a kid that didn't want to be in there with their fingers every second of every day until it came out.

In case you didn't get a good look...I've blown that picture up.  It's pure awesomeness.



Oh that Riley Rush :)  

The kids have been so nice to me when I pull out my camera.  I just love it!



I guess that means they are getting older.  It's so sad.

The church had the most awesome pumpkin launcher.  The girls got to launch a pumpkin together and they sure did get a kick out of it, this is them with Sharon.  She works at the church...


After some detailed instructions from Sharon, and a "little" help from Daddy...



That pumpkin went all the way to Riverside :)



This is the way to do a pumpkin patch I tell ya.  I think we found a new tradition.



Madi is so obsessed with the little pumpkins, it's so cute!




I remember as a kid, the rule was, if you could carry the pumpkin to the car, it was yours.



And that is by any means necessary.  If you could carry it on your head to the car, that works too!


Or you could just make the pumpkin look like your head.


Lucky for the girls, the church let us use their wagon to get the pumpkins to the car.


Of course we had to make a quick stop at the bean bag toss.  These kids are going to be major league pitchers, I tell you what!




They know how to celebrate too...




I hope you had fun at the pumpkin patch with us!


Stay tuned for Halloween costumes :)

 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)