Friday, July 19, 2013

Family Summer Vacation



It definitely has been a long week since coming back from our family vacation to Mammoth.  We left last Monday night and stayed until Sunday.  It was so needed by all of us and we had a nice relaxing time.

We brought up the bikes and had lots of bike rides.  Did some fishing, which this girl needs some training in...


She is deathly afraid of any bug.  Which makes fishing really hard.  She screams constantly from the bank.  Something fishermen love.


There is definitely nothing better than the calm waters, gentle breeze, serene views, and the screams of a four year old girl that all fishermen experience in Mammoth...when we are there.



Riley loves it though.  Everything about it.  Madi will probably get there, but I'm not holding my breath for it being any time soon.  So, Tim and I decided fishing will be a one on one experience for now.  With Riley being the one and Tim and I being the other one.




I think the fishermen that can hear Madi's screams from near and far will thank us.


We really did enjoy being up alone as a family, just the four of us.  As much as I love spending time with my Mom and Dad, I think it is important to do things as just our family.







But, I'll tell you what, it doesn't take long for word that the Rush's are in Mammoth to reach Corona.  Where people hear that word, and just can't stay away for long.


They bring their kayaks and take the Rush's out for dinner to make up for infiltrating the Rush family vacation.  So we forgive them.


Poor Madi had a fever the second to last day that we were there, and when we were kayaking, she fell asleep on Uncle Sean.

You can tell he is the youngest of my siblings.  Because my Mom does this, when his hands are not free.


Disgusting.

And on top of these people coming to butt in on our vacation, my Mom invites her friends over for dinner the last night we are there.  It's a good thing I like her friends.  Or it never would have been allowed ;)

Plus the girls kind of liked their little grandson.  So, it all worked out.  I think I'll let it slide...just this once.

;)


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger