Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Riley's Preschool Graduation

My baby graduated preschool.  I can't believe that she starts Kindergarten here in just 2 weeks!  And Madi starts preschool.  Wow.  I'm so proud of the little girl that Riley is turning out to be.  She's such a sweet kid with a beautiful heart.  I'm sad that she won't be going to any of the schools that her friends from preschool are going to, but I don't think it will be hard for her to make friends.  She is so excited about it, "as long as I get to see my preschool friends for play dates still."

Me, on the other hand, am not so super stoked about being out of the house and to the school by 7:35 am.  What?  7:35 am?  Time for me to grow up.  I'm not an early morning type of person.  I am...like I can do 7:30 or 8:00 am with my coffee and jammies.  Not 6:30 getting 2 kids ready for school type of early morning person.

I've been lucky enough that in the mornings when the kids wake up, they are not starving for their breakfast, at least not every day.  We snuggle and watch cartoons in bed for a little bit before we rise and shine.  Morning snuggles with the 3 sometimes 4 of us is something I will never forget, and they are coming to an end.  Enter sad face here.

Back to the graduation.  She looked like a doll...in her little cap and gown...



They put on a rather long performance and I apologize for all the noise in these pictures, I really need to get a flash for my camera because I hate the way my pictures look with the internal flash so I opted to not use it.



Each student was able to walk up to the microphone and say something.  Almost all the kids said, "I love you Mom and Dad."  When Riley went up, she paused for a few seconds (I thought she was nervous or forgot what to say or something, and we had no idea that they were doing this) and then she said, "Thank you Grandma for riding on all the rides with me at Disneyland, and I love you Mommy and Daddy!"  How cute is that?  The day we went to Disneyland with my Mom was the same day as her graduation.




And then some pictures of her friends...we were missing Chloe though, poor thing was sick and had to miss it.




Happy Graduation Riley Rush!  Mommy and Daddy love you so much!


 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger