Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Let's Get Together

Last week we had our play date with my favs.  DP and Sheryl.  I just love the little get togethers that we have.  Time seriously just flies by, and I love that I do this with my Mom.  

Donna hosted this time at her beautiful home.  She has such a knack for entertaining, and her home is so inviting and comfortable.  Not to mention gorgeous!   So of course we took a few pictures.

Here is one of Sheryl, DP, and myself.  I look sick (because I am getting over a cold), and if you read my last post about my new hair trick...you will notice in this picture that it didn't turn out the way I had hoped.  I had to resort to the french braid.  Because my hair was everywhere.  I mean everywhere.

Kinda like it used to look after my Mom would put me in rags.  Hmm.  Should of thought about that.

:)



Donna set a pretty table, can you see the little Easter baskets that she used as napkin rings?  It's so clever right?  That Donna.  She's good.


The kids always have a good time and I just had to share this picture and get off topic for just a minute.  Do you see those bangs on Madi?  Well, we comb them straight down.  Now, she wants sweeping bangs to the side, like her sister.  Can you believe this kid has a mind of her own?  I know, I can't either.


My Mom and Donna.  Such beautiful ladies, wouldn't you agree?



We each brought an appetizer to munch on and I could have eaten for days.  Sheryl made these delicious crescent wrap ups, one I think had tepanade, and the other was cheese and pepperoni.  YUM!


My Mom made these cucumbers with hummus and sesame seeds.  So healthy and yummy.  And very easy to eat too many :)

I made a cold bruschetta.  Toasted bagette with olive oil and garlic, covered with a mixture of tomatoes, lemon, green onion, parsley, garlic, and a touch of balsamic, salt and pepper.  Then covered with feta cheese.


We had a great time, as always.  We even shared a dance or two..







Thank you Donna for such a wonderful time, we can't wait to get together without the kiddos for a little shopping!  It's on!



 

Me

My Photo
I'm Kristi, the wife of one very lucky and handsome husband, and mother to two beautiful little girls. I'm honest and sarcastic, funny and easy going. I love to eat and love to hate that I love butter. And wine. And did I mention butter? I'm always learning new things, happy to lend a hand, and love my life. This is a blog of my family and the day to day crazy that we call Rush Hour. I hope while you are here that you enjoy yourself and come back often!

The Rush Family

The Rush Family

My Buddies and Me :)

Search This Blog

hit counter for blogger